Hey davek!!

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 2, 2020.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This is me on the reduction gear in 4MMR of the Kitty Hawk circa 1991. I am the doofus in the ballcap with 'INSTITUTIONALIZED' under the brim. :D

[​IMG]

joec, opinion914 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah the exploited are a bunch of pussies, but I liked their music

3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Wife grew up in CBGBs, Max's Kansas City, 82 etc.... when we met I had spent my time in the Warehouse in Chicago or in metal bars before leaving for Europe, the Med and the ME right as disco morphed into EDM so we were way different in theory musically but had a few things like Infectious Grooves, RATM and The Flaming Lips in common and now we both love to find obscure old favorites to share w each other.
    I do feel seeing old rich guys doing music with a lot of social commentary I take a lot TIC.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Fuggin' weird, I just mentioned the circle jerks this evening....none of the guys wanted to take part :)
    Merry Xmas fookerds!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Circle jerks and 7 seconds are playing up in stroudsburg pa on Monday. Same night as the biggest rivalry for my kid in sports and I’m coaching the junior team.

Im seriously thinking about taking the kid and going!!! We’ll be pariahs forever here but. . . Wild! Wild! Wild! Wild in the streets! :crackup:

cpettit likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Jinger was the only show we were planning on any time soon. I think their shows have been canceled?????? The girls stopped talking about it……or they mumbled something wah wah blah blah blah-dee dah. It’s gotten too painful now going to shows and seeing how f*cking old everybody is now…………besides myself :cool: :D

7. britx303

And somehow Ministry has made my recent playlist……..nostalgia kicking in lately. Haven’t listened to them in over 20 years…….hell maybe more

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yea i went and saw x play and it was the worst experience in my life, those geriatrics sucked so bad. I hope this is a much better experience for yall.

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yup, Jinjer staying home in Ukraine. Shows cancelled.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

You ever heard of Knocked loose or Turnstile? theyll be in ur hood soon and they like to get down

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They are currently on tour with the new album and celebrating 30 years of Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. I might see them (for the fifth time) if they come around here. Mind in my favorite album from them !

britx303 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Keith tested positive for the ‘vids or so I saw on the instagores. I also saw the tour shirt for Canada, gotta get one. :D

13. britx303

One of my sisters was into them heavily circa 89-93/94. She saw them a bunch. I only ever had a mix tape with songs I liked most from her albums, so off hand I don’t remember which songs were from which album. It’s cringy yet comical utoob searching early ministry when they were wussy synth pop:D.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. britx303

So after thinking more about the CJ’s and which album I liked most from waaaaaaay back, I listened to it on the drive home. They’re like a lot of the OG Dischord DC/HC bands……….best left as a fond memory of younger days. I get more amped up listening to Hope Sandoval/Mazzy Star nowadays than 60 year olds with teenage angst:D

15. britx303

There, I said it. :cool::D

16. britx303

I can’t stand Wattie from a personal level, but love the band up until Beat the Bastards era. Quite a few of my friends back in Scotland are long time friends with him, and introduced us at a show here………close to DaveK’s neck of the woods coincidentally. Wattie is an arrogant little cunt and I damn near grabbed a handful of red braids to fling him across the room the last time our whole crew hung out. I can only think of a very small amount of old skool bands/members that are genuinely cool dudes in person, away from shows

17. joec

joec brace yourself

They've postponed shows..one of them has covid. DK playing dc an baltimore this spring. Not with government issue at ust so im out.. plus I do like the rantings of old man jello.. I don't think that would convince me though either. He does get annoying.

18. britx303

Never seemed to be able to like DK. I listened to it alot with my sisters and cousins and US friends when they played it……..we were all neck deep and die-hard into punk/hc, but that’s one that never clicked with me.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They sued jello a decade or so back and took the name. Jello ain’t with them.

20. britx303

Ohhhh yeah……remember Green Jello? Didn’t that happen to them?