1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody watch the Oscars?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Mar 28, 2022.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've never watched the Oscars.....ever. Other than the few clips of Ricky Gervais talking shit about all them during his opening monologue which is great, calling them all pedophiles and and whatnot.

Perhaps they should consider changing formats and turning the Oscars into more of a Fight Club scenario. I can almost guarantee there will be a boost in ratings. I might even watch the live broadcast...for at least a few minutes anyway.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It was staged to divert attention away from Sean Penn. :D
    Niece's husband got no nominations this year so I didn't watch.

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Celebrity death match!

I'm all in...

CBRRRRR999 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

People finding out that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of free speech.
    That's what I heard on TV today.
    Who knows how she is dealing behind closed door with losing part of what she might feel her femininity is? That might be a very sensitive topic.

I'm not saying he should have bitch slapped Chris Rock, but I understand. (Yes, I know what I did here. :D )

TurboBlew, Nathey, beac83 and 2 others like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've watched them every year since about 1965-66. My mom loved the Oscars. Growing up, she took us to Ft Lauderdale every Spring Break and that seemed to coincide with the Oscars, so she made a big party out of it. Once I grew up, I'd watch them and she'd call me to comment on every little nuance of the show. Well, mom died this past summer and I'm simply keeping up the tradition.

Now, I know damn well that everybody here is way too cool to actually watch them, so I'll break down what I think happened. Will and Jada were subjected to a couple of jokes earlier in the show from the ladies that were hosting. Nothing heavy, just the off-reference to their swinger lifestyle (which I thought was a bit more harsh than Chris's joke). It's my opinion that Will just snapped. Now, I don't give a shit if you all believe it or not, but I high-fived Will Smith once. It was at Ali's funeral and it was a very weird circumstance, but it hurt my hand. I venture to say that old Chris's jaw is still hurting:D

rpj, Nathey, HPPT and 1 other person like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

What did Chris Rock wake up to this morning?

Fresh prints.

RichB, auminer, motoboy and 15 others like this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I read viewers went from 8 million to 19 million once it started making the rounds on social media.

R1M370, FastByKids and BigBird like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Other than @rd400, any of you bitches that admit to watching it live are off my Festivus list!

KneeDragger_c69 and rd400racer like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Imagine if a comedian got slapped every time their joke offended someone?
    Will Smith is a great actor, but that was dumb. I agree with the post above about it being misdirected anger.

cav115, backbone, Nathey and 3 others like this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Real man woulda thrown a right cross and knocked his old ass out

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't even know if it's real now. I thought it was, but then not.

But I mean if he was a cuck, not by choice, and finally decided to show he's not. Who knows....another Hollyweird incident.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

A black man was assaulted on live TV and there's actual dithering about whether there should be outrage or not from the Virtue Signaling community. Their world is a funny place.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'd think the botox in Rock's face probably dampened the slap :D

CRA_Fizzer and rd400racer like this.
  14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Some of the video's on youtube show him yelling "Keep my wifes name out your fuckin mouth" after he walked off stage makes me think it was real.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Apparently that wasn't shown on TV in the US. We got that over here.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes she is. He has actually rebooted the show in a more edgy dramatic fashion. Not remotely joking sadly.

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

He was laughing at the joke and then he seems to be smiling on the way back, which is weird. Not angry.

I did see that, and that's mostly why I'm undecided, but they are all actors. so who knows

RichB likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is no way Chris Rock voluntarily signed up to be the butt of slap jokes for the next 20 years.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

So when is G.I. Jane 2 being released?