1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Absolutely. I could see a case for them if they were actually weeding out pedophiles and drug cartel members. But regular (rich) folks who did nothing wrong to afford the car? Fuck that.

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's as simple as this. If you want me as a customer...you'll need to kiss my ass. I will not be kissing yours.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

On a funnier note..the neighbors new white prancing horse has been at his house less than a week. It left on its first of many flatbed trips this morning. :D

BigBird likes this.
  4. :stupid:

Nailed it.

That’s the part that gets me. The fucking audacity to expect people to suck theirs ass and prove their worth, to a damn car dealership, in order to buy something with their own money?

There isn’t a mathematical value large enough to quantify the distance of how far they can fuck off with that bullshit.

5. If they want to make them super exclusive, then make the price $5,000,000 each. Or hell, $10,000,000 each. Whatever.

I’ll never have the money to go pay millions for a vehicle. I’m ok with that. Just like I’ll never go to the moon. Don’t care.

But if I had the money, and could easily afford it. But they were like “We know you can afford it, but you can’t have one because we don’t think you are worthy of owning one”.

Fuck me….just typing that shit made my blood boil.

It almost makes me want to go try to order one (or a Ferrari), just so I can put someone in the situation of having to tell me that, just so I can break some jaws.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

What if it had 1200 HP and lots of buttons? :D

7. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What's the big deal, all you have to do is prove how snobby you are.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Easy Bro...them snot nosed fucks aren't the group you would want around anyway.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're ALL like that with the super rare limited edition stuff. Take care of current long term customers first. Kind of like us gridding by points.

No clue if they're doing that for the SUV or not. I can ask.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That used to part of my strategy when I went to just look at a car, watch or whatever and not be bothered by the salespeople. Look like I’d have to get a loan just to buy lunch. :D

Doesn’t work anymore but I’m not up at the Ferrari dealership or in the Patek boutique.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree on the Ford. The limited Ferraris going to prior customers first I kind of get.

12. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Wow all of this talk about kissing, sucking, and fucking off has led me to believe that you gentlemen have oddly sexual experiences at the car dealership.

13. I have no problem at all with them giving priority to prior customers first. That makes sense. Reward your loyal customers. That is a logical thing to do whether we are talking about cars or airplane upgrades or buying groceries.

Giving current/former owners priority is fine. Expecting someone to suck ass and “prove themselves” so you can judge if they are good enough to own one of your cars is bullshit.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, the article said Audi, Lamborghini and VW have halted special orders for a few months? All models or just the broome level models (for Audi)?

I read it half assed when it was first posted and forget what all was written and in too lazy to find it and read it again.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've read that there are folks who bought the 2005-06 GT who still had to fill out that ridiculous application. And if I remember correctly, they mentioned at least one person who was turned down. If it was really about loyalty, they shouldn't have been asked for more than a copy of their car title. Ford was trying to recruit high-profile customers, influencers, etc.
    Bro, you can't walk into a dealership and order a regular V12 car if you haven't purchased a V8 before. And one might not be enough. I'm not talking about special limited-run cars here. Those are even worse.

In fairness, I suppose you can consider the regular course limited, in the sense that Ferrari sell everyone they can are willing to build so they can afford to pick.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The dude who came to practice in that four seat Ferrari a few years ago was told he could buy that one, off the floor (no special order), one of a selected previously owned cars (wasn’t allowed one of the “good ones”) and he might move up to be allowed to buy the car he wanted or could f@ck off to the Maserati side of the dealership and never get the Ferrari he wanted.

he bought the 4 seater thing.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lemming.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, when everything is a limited edition it gets more gray for sure.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

my buddy got one when it first came out as he's a Ford professional racer and poster child for the brand. i dunno how much he actually had to pay, but it def wasn't free like how Lewis Hamilton will get an AMG GT for free. i wouldn't be surprised if retail. i also dunno how much its ever even driven anywhere. i never see it ever on his FB or instagram doing anything, even if those ARE all curated and particular and he might otherwise be out there enjoying his car. i DO know though that it was up on BAT last year and didn't meet his reserve, but got to like $920k or some shit which even if he got it at retail, is like double. can't say it wouldn't be nice to hold a car for 3 years then sell it and pay off your house, but whatever i guess...

also not into whoring myself for a luxury retail good. there's so many awesome cars you can just buy or build if you had a blank check, why anyone would do that besides a celebrity that makes part of their money just "being seen" is beyond me. if you had $200k, there's a LOT of amazing things you can be seen driving that nobody else will ever have. $500k pretty much makes the sky the limit outside of like 8 cars in the entire universe. shit is stupid.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Well, that confirms I’ll never own a Ferrari. I wouldn’t give a shit if I won the Powerball.

So I’m going to come in there to spend my own money on your product, and you are going to tell me which one I’m worthy enough to buy?

I wouldn’t be able to say “fuck you” fast and loud enough.