Mountain Bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I liked my bar ends when I was in so cal. Not many trees.

Im in Iowa now. Trees everywhere on the bike trails

britx303, Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Iowa trails are tight and narrow. I found it quite frustrating haha.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

U know anywhere in IA with jumps n shit? I see vids of folks in british columbia and get quite jealous!

britx303 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You’re in Eastern Iowa, right? I have always heard good things about Sugar Bottom, but I don’t know how jumpy it is. Deborah’s riding is also on my bucket list. At some point I will do a trip with a buddy of mine from Iowa up to Decorah and do some riding and drink a shit load of TG and Pulpit Rock beer. :beer:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Sweet! Thanks for the tips

britx303, Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

they'll crush my ultra-light carbon bar :( :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Got a bit of a dickpunch last night as I began disassembling my old Pacific I mentioned in the other post. As I started to pull apart the front end I noticed there's a hairline crack running half-way up the head tube. So this frame is junk it would seem, I don't suppose these cheapo frames are worth welding. On the brightside since I have pretty much all the parts I needed either in the mail or somewhat delivered I quickly pivoted onto eBay and found a full squish Santa Cruz frame from a few years ago for pretty decent price.....so I'll just bolt all the parts I bought onto that and end up with a better over all finished product for just a few extra hundred.

I'll post a pic or 2 of the finished product once I get it all squared away.

jrsamples likes this.
  8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I had a similar experience on a K2 full suspension I bought. I did a full teardown to find a head tube crack and then tossed it. Was bummed.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got to try out the neighbors YT enduro full suspension yesterday. 27” wheels but the frame was a bit too large for me but it was a fun bike. Rear compressed a bit when I tried getting into it but I think that was me and not knowing how to ride it.

neat bike.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I hate waiting on parts, ugggh

7B254EF6-82B3-4E4C-88DD-B645BE7F18CF.jpeg

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A little pedal therapy today...

16469531618761.jpg

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

What frame is that?

I’ve been digging my Siskiu trail bike, but I’m itching to try an XC race bike just to see if I like it.

13. eggfooyoung

Its an Inglis.

http://www.ingliscycles.com/inglis/

Senna likes this.
  14. thrak410

I crashed last weekend and cracked my carbon frame :( Its about 80% through...

Going to try to repair it. Any tips?

Attached Files:

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That's definitely a prime candidate for a Shervin mod.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I never understood the fad lately of NOT having bar ends. I loved having them, for another hand position and leverage when climbing. A more anatomically correct natural hand angle for standing.

18. thrak410

I miss mine a lot too... also opens up the chest for bigger breathing. Even now, I'll still turn my hands out and put them on the end of the bars.

DrA5 likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

Never heard of them, but it makes sense. Any style/brand better than another?

20. thrak410