1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you pay the heated seats bill?

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

This is all BCM, not ECU. So EPA has no jurisdiction on whether you turn on your locked seat warmers or not.
    There’s already in line plugs to bypass some things.
    If there’s $$ to be made, someone’s gonna be coming up way to bypass stuff

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The more the move into software the easier and more polished the workarounds will be. There are two groups of professionals that are complete trash at software. Automakers and Civil government agencies.

Neither will be able to handle the absolute ass-beating their regs and software will receive.

SGVRider likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sold a bike yesterday. As we're doing the title transfer, the woman says "the VIN isn't showing as valid".

I point out (in my mind, correctly), that the state titled the bike and they're the ones who printed the VIN on the title (which they sent to me about five years ago).

She calls the state, and after a half hour of troubleshooting the state says the VIN is valid and they don't know why it's showing that way.

Took two hours sitting at a tag place to get that done, and the woman had to do a paper application for transfer so guaranteed the new owner's title is going to be fucked in some way/shape/form.

TurboBlew and The Todd like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

They can keep it.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

GM hasn't been able to touch my wallet since 2001...

I don't see subscription services doing anything but lessening their chances.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I last owned a GM product in 1975

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

About the heated seats....

Is it a month to month thing? If one cancels in April, does one get a refund?

Inquiring minds and all that shit....

BigBird likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Its probably like the gas company here. If you disconnect in April and reconnect in October, they charge you a "reconnect fee" that is equal to what you would have paid to keep the service anyway. Our local gas company monthly connection fee (no actual gas usage) is about $50/mo including all fees/taxes.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Insurance is like that up here. You must insure a snowmobile year round, same as a motorcycle, or incur fees. WTF do I need to insure a snowmobile in July for? Same as a motorcycle in January.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bottom feeders.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Monthly Recurring Revenue. The holy grail of sales strategy.

BigBird, tl1098 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Theft, fire, things like that.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

beac83 and Ducati89 like this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sell me a body shell. I'll equip it the way I see fit and have it Titled as a "special construction".
    "Yeah, I figure it'll need a supercharged V8 with a 6 spd manual transaxle. Should balance it out nicely."
    FTW
    :D

5axis and BigBird like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Rivian has a long way to go to make any $$$ according to the latest numbers & stock price...lol

17. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

One has to wonder how many takers would there be in Australia (where that article is from).
    Melbourne, which is on the southern coast, rarely dips below freezing.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I put on my heated seats like all the time. works nice for my back

20. BigBird

BigBird blah