2022 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

how it goes:

You pick who will place where, and that by placing in that position, the racer and team got exactly what they earned. This is wholly independent of of what one may or may not want to have happen. Also, Chino's comment about what happens at the bottom of the points (where the game is often decided) really matters, whereas when you watch, you tend to not even look back there, unless your favorite rider (cough, Valentino, cough) is.

straightforward...

BHP41 likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You left out the middle 's' Phl. I know you did that on purpose, but...:beer:

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

explains why the tag wouldn't work...

4. dsapsis

Bump for players and rule discussion. First race is earlier than I was thinking -- March 6, so two weeks from today. We need to get this sorted and all players who want to play signed up.

Chino52405 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ok my official vote:
    - changes in riders order until 5 min before race start
    - rider order remains in system as per last picked race

what other options were there?

BigBird, Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

BigBird likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Fine with the first option and will default to whatever is consensus for the second, but I wouldn't mind picks being locked sometime on Saturday so the people who get up dummy early (in the US) don't have an advantage.

But whatever, I'm gonna win no matter what so I don't much care what you guys decide for cutoff.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hey, i’d like to get my commitment for getting up at 4AM to watch warmup appreciated in the way of ability to set picks , just like watching them running around the grid swapping tires last minute - or even after 5 min before race start just to piss me off even more

BigBird likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

I love getting up early and reading about f P4 and watching warm up and trying to get tidbits

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I spend all day Saturday thinking about what I know from P and Q, then I forget to set my picks until I'm getting ready to watch the race and go "oh shit".

So, 5 min before race works for me.

BigBird, Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just want the option. Usually my best weeks are after I set it and forget it after Qualifying. I'm with Phl28 and Quicktoy

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. dsapsis

Self-interest rules.
    Who wants to ping last years players that haven't signed up so far?

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm in. Just gotta wait until the next payday (mar 1st). I've spent 3 months wages in the past 3 weeks.....I'm broke. I don't have that "just one more set of tires on the visa" mentality anymore lol.

14. dsapsis

No worries, Dan. I need to cross-ref this year's list with last to figure out those not signed up yet. Off the top of my head, I have:
    crazymofu
    boman forklift
    badmoon
    yoshinhs
    redtailracing
    motion

maybe a few others.

crazymofo likes this.
  15. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I asked BretSV and he said he's taking a year off from the GP leagues.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

tell him i said thank you.
    He was breathing down my neck like Kayla Yaakov on her Moriwaki at lil tally in 2016

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Would love to join you again this year fellas, but with my experience last year, I was usually behind the 8-ball due to traveling and other BS. More of the same this year, so its just more than I can handle.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

But with Rossi out your picks might improve!

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  19. Quicktoy

Damn. Beat me to it

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Thats why I didnt join the fantasy league until now...

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.