Stark Future electric dirtbike.

Discussion in 'General' started by YZROOSTINYA, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

My differentiators are 1. How usable is that power going to be in a dirt bike and 2. When youre picking it up off of the ground, how long till that 240 lbs makes you tap out?

dtalbott likes this.
  2. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

My 22’ YZ450FX weighs 252 I think.

Ducati89 likes this.
  3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Good to know that "with the Stark VARG, your nuts are safe" - see video thread 14:30 to 14:52

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It looks like fun; no valve adjustments, air filter oil or top end rebuilds. A serious rider would amortize the maintenance costs (and time (because time is money) that)) in a palpable manner fairly quickly.

And if it’s making all that torque from 1% throttle, some of you are dead already. Charging it with a (LOUD!) generator on a Moto camping weekend sounds satisfyingly ironic, too. The only problem is that it’s Swedish.

5. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

I’m all for this. Hope they have a street legal version like the Alta. I can roll out from my garage to poach numerous trails and be home by the time the Leo’s even get a call.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They're making some BIG range/power claims with a batt pack that's only .2kwh larger than the Alta's...

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

All valid points Alta made when they were still operating. Thanks to CARB you wont be buying those noisy greenhouse gas making portable recharge devices in the Eureka state starting 2024.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

I just look at those and think about how much fun it would be late night in town.. it just cries for stairs ledges and median strip adventures..

dtalbott likes this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Not a hippie but all about ease of use...the day Yamaha comes out with an E-Zuma 125, I'm selling mine.

Electric dirt bike option would open up a ton of currently closed places because of the noise.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

E-vehicles, especially motorcycles, are niche. They will never in our lifetime replace ICE. I get the need for an Evehicle, hell I have a hybrid van. But "toys" I don't get. Of course the RC world has forgotten about the little nitro engines, at least around here.

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

1.) it's programmable to as aggressive, as much power as you want
    2.) as opposed to what? most dirtbikes weigh around that mark

Ducati89 likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Depends what you mean by "replace ICE", but in the next forty years (the over/under on me tapping out is ~2060) they're going to be making SIGNIFICANT inroads.

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Does it have a clutch?

If not it’s DOA for enduro.

joec likes this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

?? sarcasm I hope.

15. Fuck Stark.

elevenn7, joec and crashman like this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: I have watched videos of the ebikes and have trouble coming to grips with a bike that sounds like an RC car. If I was not an old breakable pussy I would still have my KX500 with the Pro Circuit motor. Nothing beats the sound of an open class MX bike. And it had the power to fuck you up at any time also.

And for the people that think these are the key to keeping riding areas open, I am sure it will buy a bit of time but the people that are bitching about noise and getting tracks closed will just find something else to bitch about so that they can get tracks closed. Based on what we have seen over the last couple years it would likely be safety.

Gorilla George and dtalbott like this.
  17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm not for or against electric. There are many ways to have fun, and too much HP is fun in my book. The comment about the weight is what I don't get. That's right there with every other open class bike, and lighter than some enduro bikes. It's not a CR125 2T by any means, but nothing is these days anyways.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Unfortunately too true. Complaints about dust, traffic, whatever. People just don't want other people to have fun....like people that wave the fossil flag to crap on an 80hp giggle machine, just because it uses batteries. ;) Hmmm....maybe they should make gas powered vibrators?

19. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Interesting, my 450 weighs about the same. Learned something new!

But it didnt cost me ~13k to buy.

This electric bike thing is like the Teslas; cool until some ideologue mandates the end of ICE for motorcycles like theyre trying with cars.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, this thing costs about 13K, a CRF45r costs 9.5K and a KTM450 costs 10.2K.