1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Everyone from drivers both current and former to team owners both current and former recognize the officiating this season was a clown show. This race was just another example.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Not at all. If Lewis wins next year, good for him. He’s a great driver. He’s always come off as smug like the silver spoon child he is.

I’ve never disliked him until last year when he went on a campaign to promote how much a victim he has been. For someone that can have a ton of influence, the BS he promotes is harmful in so many ways.

DrA5 and beechkingd like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think I'll wear my old Coulthard Red Bull hat to my son's championship hockey game in a hour. A little good luck never hurts:D

[​IMG]

Photo and BHP41 like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well it's nice to hear a reasonable tone, but I'm not so sure you understand his upbringing. His father worked three and four jobs to keep him in karting... there is a great interview out there with Bryant Gumbel on YT, take a listen.

As to the BS he promotes, I haven't seen anything but positive. Maybe some questionable fashion choices, but that is a matter of style, ha!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you misunderstood my post: I wasn't saying that Hamilton gave back what he gained. I was saying "fuck Verstappen, he got what he deserved. He has had that coming for a while with his dirty driving." I hope that clears it up.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I didn't watch much of the season, but I think that sort of sums up F1 in 2021: Max drove like a bully, had a couple FIA calls go his way, and Voila! World Champion.

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So there wasn't a fiery explosion that took them both out of the race? Bummer.

henry_carlson, 418, prm and 1 other person like this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Holy shit...no one tell him about the rest of the grid if he's jealous of Lewis's silver spoon.

The Great One, Jed, tiggen and 5 others like this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Who had the faster cheater car, asking for a friend?

dobr24 likes this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I have been a Lewis fan since day one and what I'd say about Max in 2021 is that he drove like a guy taking full season aim at the champion. Lewis and every other champion have rubbed people the wrong way with their aggression. Race control was awful all year, mostly in Red Bulls favor, but Max didn't do that.

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Fan since '81. The huge runoff areas and running to the stewards took so much sport of of F1. Max's first lap pass was like a motocross stuff. Hard, but still racing. Usually you can do the over/under repass, just not at that corner.

This will be up there with "Is that Glock??", which went Hamilton's way. Much of the incidents or issues with Hamilton involved have gone his way. This one did not.

13. DrA5

Hamilton was also signed by McLaren when he was still in Karting at age 13. So, hard grinding to that point, but after that, he had a paved road to one of the top seats in F1. Most drivers spend a year or three in backmarkers entering F1. Hamilton never had to do that.

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Hamilton '21 got Rossi'd '15

The Great One and nlzmo400r like this.
  15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

All I can say, is that as a guy thats been watching F1 since the 80's, the last few years with all the whining like petulant children, far too large a gap between the haves and have-nots, and manufactured BS has made my interest wane significantly. The "Racing" has become 99% dull as dishwater. I think next year will be as a casual fan who might bother to look at the results.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hamilton got taken out by a competitor not a back marker.

17. DrA5

We keep being told that the teams care more about the Constructors Championship, so Toto doesn't have a lot to bitch about.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Apparently there are so few passes in F1 that a real block pass causes a crisis. That was a great pass by Max.

BHP41, dobr24 and DrA5 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Silver Spoon :crackup:

You need to watch the David Letterman interview with LH. His spoon was probably plastic.

Steeltoe and The Great One like this.
  20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Imagine the bitching if the race ended under a safety car. I'm glad it went to a green.
    Anyone acting like Lewis hasn't gotten a lot of calls all year is out of their minds.

Smilodon, dobr24, DrA5 and 3 others like this.