MotoGP | 2021 | Round 15 | COTA | USA | Oct 1-3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 20, 2021.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It was great being there on person to cheer on Cam in Moto 2. Crowd was loving the hole shot. Sucks Joe had such a poor performance.

Nakagami crashed in 12.. Took a while to get the bike restarted then walked down multiple riders passing them all in 12. Even though he was at the back he got lots of love every time

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think next year will be very interesting with him being more comfortable at all of the tracks.

And I hope the American Racing Team does next year what the VR46 boys did last year...work together.

SDK can get up to speed at new tracks faster by getting a tow, and they can help each other qualify better.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He’s a fucking menace.

4. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

So? Did anyone see the interview that Neil Hogdson of BTsport did with Guy Martin on the grid. Neil could not keep a straight face. Was great

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

They should absolutely not do this..... They have used up their allotment of luck for the next several weeks!

6. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

What was up with Pecco at the podium celebration?
    The chick had to push him out of the back room to the podiums and then he didn't participate in the champagne shower. I don't think he even opened his bottle up.
    What crawled up his ass?

7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I was jumping up and down in front of my TV when I saw Cam get the holeshot!

Namarow likes this.
  8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So anyone got an explanation of the ruling in Moto3? Seems bizarre that a red flag ends it and yet an involved rider takes 8th? Certainly bad luck for Petronas

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1444809264212623361?s=21

Bugslayer, R1M370 and Phl218 like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eh, his bike had legs on the front and back stretches, but he was holding them up in the stadium sections. Was a good ride though.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

12. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Senna likes this.
  13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I scared the shit outta my kids with my yelling when he took the holeshot.

Taller gearing?

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Imo, probably disappointed. He saw the championship slip a little further away…maybe a bit pouty, but understandable. Seemed better in the after the flag interviews.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I just hope that COTA gets some of the bump issues resolved. It is kinda handy having a MotoGP weekend in my back yard...

sanee and Phl218 like this.
  16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

nah.. he was hanging back in respect to Dean.

88/532 likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Taka is a fan favorite. I hate that he's on that shitty Honda, bet his smooth style would work well on the Zook.

TX Joose likes this.
  18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

To be fair, Dovi's teammate is so old that even the dinosaur fossils in museums are starting to say he's not looking so good anymore (he's almost as old as I am...), and Morbidelli is the one-legged Bandit due to ACL surgery a couple of months ago.

But, Maverick managed to win on a Yamaha, so the problem seems to mostly be with the Septuagenarian Retirement Team...

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

That would be nice since I've ready bought tickets and booked flights (all refundable if necessary) in anticipation of going next year.

BigBird likes this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Didn't they fix the bumps from 2019 and now they just have different ones?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    stk0308 likes this.