1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It’s ironic you say that. Venice airport is 3 miles from my gun shop.

2. Just ordered a CMMG Banshee 300 Series pistol, chambered in .300 Blackout.

It looked like it would be fun, so I said fuck it. Why not.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Definitely hit me up when ur ready to cut lose of stuff. I banged out a couple different m16s but have not made time to build anything in the last couple years.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

To truly enjoy it can it and shoot sub sonic. It’ll be one of your favorites and be a great house gun

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Good call. Thanks.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That's the whole thread here.

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. True. :D

8. Quicktoy

Atf is setting it up where I can sell them without dissolving my Corp since I’m getting rid of my manufacturing license. It’ll be a few months

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I didn’t know you had to drop any licensing to sell to other manufacturers?

10. Quicktoy

Unless you have a law letter. Same reason you and I can’t get a Glock 18 from Glock.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So is that slide kit just plug and play with a regular VP9?

I'll with you, I just don't love the mag release. That's what my current one is and it's the only thing I don't like, though I have gotten used to it over time. But it doesn't help my muscle memory with being able to pick up any pistol and run with it.

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I have the 9mm version and it’s been great, 0 issues.

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

They are fun. Now you need to get a suppressor and use the 220grain subsonic ammo.
    You'll only hear the action cycling through the earmuffs.

Black one is SBR 12" barrel in 5.56
    Tan one is SBR 12" barrel in 300 Blackout.

Super quiet in 300.

Attached Files:

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

From my understanding, the two slides (VP9L - 5 inch barrel) is interchangeable.

If this is not correct, please correct me!

15. What is the easiest way to go about getting a can? I see ads in RECOIL for one that says they take care of everything. SilencerCentral? SuppresorCentral? Some shit like that.

I would like to can it, but I don't want to have to go through a lot of bullshit. It just isnt worth that to me. I know there is a waiting period. If I can just order it online and wait for it to show up, ill do it. If I have to jump through a bunch of hoops, fuck it.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Silencer Shop. They have kiosks in some places.
    They will require a finger print card and 3 or 4 passport photos (I don't remember how many.)
    You select the dealer you want it shipped to (Your local Class III dealer)
    file paper work, forget about it, like it's a double of something you already have.
    *BOOM* 6-8 months later, your local dealer calls and says come pick it up.

It's not that difficult, even for someone with your lack of patience.

Separately, I was in error in my post. The 5.56 rifle in all black is actually my AR pistol.
    The blade at the back gave it away.

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

From a podcast I listen to, Silencer Central can do all stuff online and if/when you get approved, they can ship to you directly. (I have no direct experience with buying a suppressor.)
    https://www.silencercentral.com/

18. Quicktoy

Silencershop hands down. You sit at your home. Set up and account. Order everything you want. You come in to a shop like mine with a kiosk and it takes your pics, your fingerprints, bundles your packet and sends it to ATF. Simple.

sanee likes this.
  19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I did a quick look and they are charging 20% more for a sandman s than SilencerShop. If you really don’t want to drive to your nearest dealer that’s cool but that extra $200 would’ve covered your tax stamp. Now that’s just one can I pulled up, didn’t check any others. You open an account with SilencerShop and they do all your paperwork and you put an app in your phone for photos. So you can update your photo. Like someone said they have locations you can scan your own finger prints. Unless you lose a finger you’ll never need to use the scanner again. Both looked to be good options but I’d compare pricing. SS has a dealer locator. If they are too far maybe the higher price is worth staying home.

Gorilla George and Quicktoy like this.