1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not actually the same gun, but close. They were clearing out T3 rifles, making room for the current T3x version. Very close between the 2. There is more differences in the stocks than in the actions.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

...says they guy that has been buying metric shit tons of ammo at wildly inflated prices over the last year+.

sbk1198 and Sabre699 like this.
  3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

bwhaha

4. 1. Fuck off.

2. That’s not entirely true. I bought the vast majority of my ammo long before the Floyd/Covid bullshit. Since then, I have essential just bought enough to “slow the bleeding” from my stockpile, while waiting for prices to return to normal.

The difference is that people don’t HAVE to buy more guns, and they damn sure don’t have to buy them on GB, which means there is no reason to pay those prices. The only exception might be the first-time buyer that needs *a* gun. And even he/she has a choice; they could buy one from a local shop at cheaper prices.

The only things I do are lift weights, box, ride motorcycles, play golf, and shoot.

I hadn’t been able to do the other stuff for over a year because of my fucked up spine, so all I have been doing is shooting. I can’t shoot without ammo.

So I basically had no choice but pay the asking prices. Because the only other option is not to shoot and just sit on the fucking couch all day. I can’t do that.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hmmm. Have you been...triggered?
    :D

sanee and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Tristan

no shit...

Broome- you're our hero and we love hearing about your exploits, but come on- you have to appreciate the irony. You may not be paying Gunbroker prices, but we all know damn well you don't price shop for all those guns you buy seemingly daily.

7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What if I was to tell you that your buddy Brandon has been selling guns on GunBroker for less than he sells them to you?

[​IMG]

8. Good for him. Doesn’t matter to me.

I don’t shop around comparing prices. I usually don’t even look at the prices of them when I buy them.

If he can sell his personal guns on GB and make some money on the side, then good on him. I can’t blame him.

9. I do see the irony, but that wasn’t the point I was making in my original reply on this subject.

Someone made a comment about the ridiculous prices people are charging on GB.

If people choose to pay those prices, that’s on them. My point was that the seller isn’t “in the wrong” for asking high prices. It’s his shit, and he can choose to ask whatever he wants. Doesn’t mean someone has to pay it.

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. Now y’all have gotten me talking about buying shit, and I’m getting the itch again.

Imma go see if they have anything cool.

11. Well played. :D

I’ve been triggered all day. Last night was a bad nerve night. Fucking POS legs were on fire all night and I barely got an hour of sleep. :mad:

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can empathize... That kind of pain sucks the biggest ass and there's no embracing it.

Perhaps this might take your mind off it a bit, you being a prolific pistol connoisseur and price apparently being no object. ;)
    heckler-koch-sp5-9mm-20rd-pistol.jpg
    https://www.eurooptic.com/HK-SP5-Pistol-9mm-2-30rd-Magazines-81000477.aspx

Yes? No?
    Suppressor, laser and sling. Lock that bitch to your hip. Wherever you look, it looks. :cool:

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Shit. I like that. But you are too late. I just got back home with this Galil ACE SAR in 7.62 x 51.

32786906-4FD9-43F0-BA06-09DD1CB3694C.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:eek: Broome getting into a new caliber?

15. Tristan

NOICE

16. Ive been kicking around the idea for a couple of months now that ammo has been coming down.

Ive been thinking about some 10mm. I know Springfield makes a XD-M Elite Tactical in a 10mm. So I went up there and told myself if they have one, I’ll get it, and branch off into 10mm.

But they didnt have one. Which is probably a good thing because at the end of the day, with a 10mm I would just be splitting the hairs between 9mm and .45. It wouldn’t actually give me a “new shooting experience”.

So I started looking around. But I told myself I would only get something if it really jumped out at me like BAM!

Then the first thing I saw this Galil sitting up there looking badass.

Shit. Ok, that jumped out at me.

But then I told myself that I would only get it if they had a ton of ammo and mags for it in stock.

Shit. They did.

So with all of those signs lining up, the universe was telling me that I had no choice but to get it. :D

scottn and Montoya like this.
  17. Thanks :D

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Cool. Well now that you're into that caliber, you're going to need a Scar 17S, SR-25, MR 762, MDRX, MARS-H, and ACR.

19. Fucker. :crackup:

20. Hell I haven’t even shot that CV Scorpion yet.

I was gonna go yesterday, but I had to see the Thoracic Surgeon for a consult on my chest.

And now today they want to do an MRI on my chest so doesn’t look like I’ll make it to the range today either. :mad:

I might try tomorrow. But I like weekdays better because I can save the world with no interference. Sometimes there are people there on weekends.