2021 | MotoAmerica | General Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Jul 14, 2021.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

The last MotoA mini cup I attended the pits were JAMMED with spectators. It was literally shoulders and elbows concert style. The energy /excitement and complete awe of the crowd on what those rippers were doing was talk of the crowd.

Soooo, I’m not sure if your statement is entirely accurate.

Still believe it’s a untapped market with so much potential if marketed correctly.

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Saw MA reshared a Gray Pham video today... HMMM

418, henry_carlson and FastByKids like this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

You can go to a pewee football game and it can be full, try putting that on TV and probably wont get many views. No matter how close and competitive the game is.

Gino230 and badmoon692008 like this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Youth sports are a financial windfall for communities with the appropriate venue. Unfortunately, from our standpoint, the money is flowing in the wrong direction.

5. FastByKids

Man, tough crowd.

I’d venture to say if the mini cup was included in the MotoA Live package it would outperform some of the other races.

Just a hunch…

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I get your excitement. But you are a parent I am assuming. I promote races all over the country and get what you mean, however, you are wrong. Yes they are fun and neat, but being honest, its a sideshow used to attract youth riders, get parents to buy pit passes, etc.

If you are really needing to know, then there are literally multiple mini racing orgs and go see how many fans turn out. They can watch kids race minis all day long.

Gino230, 418, Skter505 and 2 others like this.
  7. nigel smith

The spectre of Indianapolis 2010 will probably prevent that. There was some backlash against youth motorsports.

8. FastByKids

No offence but I’m seeing why the sport fails to grow.

You are right, I am a parent. But I’ve also been a racer (yea, I was slow) but before I was “just a parent” was a huge enthusiast!

I’ve been to mini races in various states to even include flat track.

An odd phenomenon seemed to happen. When a full grid of kids races come, everyone stops what they are doing to watch.

I think there is something to be marketed to grow this sport. But that’s just me.

9. nigel smith

If the sport fails to grow, it's not for lack of effort on Rob's part.

henry_carlson and YamahaRick like this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Maybe I am misunderstanding you.... There is a Pro series, that has added classes for kids to participate in front of the whole paddock. They aren't running at the same times as the big bikes are they? What more can they do to show off the kids? Are you insinuating they add another production truck for the kids races to be televised? I don't understand what you are feeling isnt being marketed.....

11. FastByKids

As stated, adding it to MotoA live package would be a good start.

Would help getting these rippers some increased sponsorship support!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just it - is HAS been marketed, and failed in all of the different markets.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And take it from the bigger bikes? Not going to work either.

14. FastByKids

I haven’t seen it or remember such.

Bunch of negative Nellie’s!

15. nigel smith

The only way for these kids to get financial support is for dad to foot the bill. If you are willing to ask everyone you can for help, you may bring in some more sponsors. The problem, from a sponsor's standpoint, is that they will get zero financial return on their investment. What product or service could gain a marketing boost from kids on Ohvales? Figure that out, and you're on your way. It's all too easy to turn a fun family hobby into a deadly serious chore. Don't go there.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been doing this a long time, not remotely negative just realistic. I see the people get into it and think the same things and want to try the same things over and over and over again.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What Moto3 has is a bunch of kids that love motorcycles and don't think about a mortgage, job, or buying food so the racing has always been good, and I love Moto3 over Moto2.

What Moto2, 3, Moto GP, and WSBK have is they come from countries that RELY on motorcycles as basic transportation and have since the end of WWII. And it's the same in the east and in most emerging countries.

FastByKids likes this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

So who pays for the extra production costs of filming 2 tracks in a weekend instead of one? Its not as easy as just moving cameras.....

19. FastByKids

Oh don’t get me started on THE EVIL EMPIRE. My distain for OH-vale is very well known.

But at the end of the day those little GP weapons have moved the needle further for the kids than anything I can remember. We need to grow the sport and this is truly a good start in my opinion.

Yes, you are correct about turning a hobby into a chore. I caught myself going down the wrong path and had to do a serious inventory. Now we are back to having fun and cherry picking packages into making memories.

MotoA live the minicup!

Not going to give that point up.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  20. FastByKids

It’s a captured event where spectators can typically see the whole track. They already have the cameras in place and are plentiful.
    Would take nothing to put it on MotoA live! Or least tape delay it at minimal. Announcers are already announcing it!