2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

He was on Pridmore's IG live and commented that he wasn't going because they weren't racing there

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well if it were my privateer money, I would skip it too. There is no reason for him to haul all the way from New York or AZ, not sure where he is living now, to practice at a track they aren't racing at this year. If someone else is paying, sure it is a trackday, but you can do a trackday at a local track if it is on your dime.

Edit: Well @henry_carlson said the same thing. I actually think it was kind of dumb for MA to have it there, since they aren't racing COTA this year. At least put this "track day" on a track guys could work towards a useable setup on.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Supersport guys ended the day well over 4 seconds/lap off the pace from 3-4 years ago which is weird - were conditions there today not ideal or has the track surface deteriorated that much?

Good to see Rocco right up there behind Richie though!

henry_carlson and koth442 like this.
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

It harkens back to the Dunlop tire test at Daytona for an entire year of racing.

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

It was pretty breezy today.

7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im pretty impressed with Baz. I didnt think he would be up to speed so quick. Looks like the boys are gonna have their hands full this season.

koth442, wsmc42 and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Man it was nice to see race bikes on track in person today. It has been a while for me. Watching SB, Baz looked consistently fast. He seemed to be pushing every lap. I did not check timing until I got home to see he was fastest each session. Escalante looked much quicker than the rest in supersport from where I was. SB should be interesting this year.

Monsterdood and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I think you need to look at the results again.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess i can when i get back to work, but didn’t he finish third or fourth quite often? didn’t M4 finish behind graves quite often?

11. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Robby Bobby commented the same on FB and Wyman said that after COTA was cancelled MA put out a survey and the teams still wanted to go.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this tire test was scheduled before they knew the race there was cancelled.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

That is correct and MA sent out the survey about still holding it and I guess enough people said yes.

14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

It would be great ifneach class picked up a few more riders.

15. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Peeps I talked to at MotoA said was going to be at COTA anyway, due to complaints of Barber being so far away for the Texas and west folks and it usually raining in Alabama this time of year.

16. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Speaking of Pridmore, he got a few podiums at the CVMA races at Chuckwalla last weekend.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Dang thats sweet, he seems like a real chill dude. Did they do the battle of the olds?

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No shit? I thought he was old when racing for Jordan in the mid or late 2000s. Great for him.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems he and Greg have egged each other back into racing :crackup:

23103a and koth442 like this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I thought Pridmore had/has been doing World Endurance ?