1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What race fuel are you using?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 05Yamabomber, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

2. Tyson10R

Tyson10R Well-Known Member

It depends on what compression ratio is targeted by the engine builder. If the compression ratio will allow a lower octane fuel like MR12 then that’s definitely going to make the most power. But in my case, I was told to use a 108 octane minumum(non-oxygenated) or U4.4(106 octane and oxygenated). Anything lower than that risks damage so that’s something to keep in mind. I run VP110 for trackdays and U4.4 for race days.

I don’t think MR12 is worth the cost, but thats just like, my opinion, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tyson10R

Tyson10R Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only upside is knowing that it is consistent. Might as well run U4.4 tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

this is the question for which I’d love an answer. Would love more power than pump, even if not as much as MR12, while not being such a pain. MR12 costs as much as a new dog, smells awful, and requires the gas tank be drained when not being used. Yuck. If I could pay like $10/gallon to make a little more power and not be a pain in the ass, I’d do it.

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I purchase REC90 fuel from my local Southern States. They have it at the pump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REC-90

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's cool. I'd trust that but unfortunately I live in CA where ethanol free fuel is a unicorn. Don't care about power, the bike has more than I need. Looks like I'll be buying cans...