1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It's not that they aren't good guns. There's just another level, like anything else.

If you like boutiquey guns, head to a local USPSA match sometime and ask to shoot some of the competitors' guns. Most will happily oblige. A well-tuned 2011, hell even something like a CZ TSO is worth putting a magazine through just for the experience.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

My one buddy has the Q5, and another has the CZ-Shadow 2.
    Both are unbelievably accurate. Those aren't even race guns.

Gorilla George and Senna like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Quite a few guys shoot either in Production. When I dabbled, I had two Shadow 2s. It was a great gun and yes unbelievably accurate, although I always felt that, for the price, the trigger could have been better out of the box. I think I could have shot damn near as good for half the price with a 5" M2.0 with Apex parts in it.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. I’ll probably get to the range with it Friday.

I believe it came with a 12 and 14 spring, but I can’t remember which one it said is in there now.

6. :crackup:

Glad I could help. :D

Sometimes I just vent whatever shit enters my head, regardless of which thread I have open at the moment.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's because you're a low rent ho. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, for that you take your ipad....

9. Delivery time 90-120 days???

Hell, I damn near have a conniption fit waiting the 9-12 minutes on the background check.

And without getting political, what’s the deal with this?...

“For CALIFORNIA, if you are not an active law enforcement officer, you CANNOT purchase any Staccato firearm”

I’ve never heard of a specific brand of firearm being disallowed. Or is it because they don’t have any models that fit the bullshitass “< 10 rounds” rule?

10. Imagine how funny I’ll look walking around the gym with a 12.9” iPad shoved in my pocket. :D

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

All of them

12. redtailracing

As I understand it, California has a list of “approved” firearms. If it’s not on that list, it’s a no go. Think of it like bikes getting homologated for racing.

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

There may be two things going on here.
    1) As @redtailracing mentioned, California has a list of make/models of firearms that can be sold in state. Staccato may not be on that list.
    2) Some companies have boycotted selling in California altogether, including to LEOs, since everyone should have the right to bear arms. (Ruger and S&W are two)

If they do sell to LEOs, then my guess is the former is what's going on.

Here's the California list: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

CZ Chezch Mate.

Race gun in a box!

Of course he can go full custom.

It's like he's riding fast on 600s and too skeerd to step up to a superbikes.

Jedb likes this.
  15. No shit?

I didn’t know that. Seems stupid as fuck.

16. I ain’t skeered of shit.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

18. I can totally see a company decided to go with option 2. I didn’t even think of that. Now THAT makes sense.

But I can’t see why/how making a list of “approved guns” helps anything.

I mean, if they were to simply say “no guns”, then that’s one thing. I obviously don’t agree with it, but it would make a difference. Probably a bad difference, just like Chicago and Detroit. But it would have some sort of impact.

But saying “none of these brands” would have zero impact on anything. Whatever someone wants to accomplish with a Glock, they can accomplish the same with a Sig or Walther, etc.

19. redtailracing

It is.

20. redtailracing

You’re trying to apply logic that legislators don’t possess...

Gorilla George, RonR and sbk1198 like this.