1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

While we're off-track (or on-track if you see it that way), just read about a 12yo's successful defense of his grandma in N.C. This quote: "Why would somebody come into her house and do this? It’s got to stop". Makes me glad my kid is pretty confident with handguns.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-shot-killed-armed-115936849.html

wsmc 589 and sbk1198 like this.
  2. They have a section devoted to stories like that in the “Conceal Carry” magazine.

I don’t remember subscribing to that. I think it’s part of the USCCA membership.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

IMG_1898.JPG
    I haven't had a .22 in at least 40 years but after shooting a friend's regular Mark IV I had to have one. Local shop didn't have a standard or Target but they had a Broome/Tactical version. It will be even better with a red dot & suppressor.

wera313, Gorilla George and aaronson like this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Curious, what’s your reasoning behind not using the optic? I’ve always been under the impression that a quality optic setup correctly can handle the abuse with no issue.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

What’s your definition of abuse?

1500k over its lifetime?

the optic isn’t the issue. It’s the mourning to the slide. When that fails your RDS is off. So why use it as a handhold to slingshot the slide?

Besides.... running your gun to slide lock is stupid anyway. I determine when to reload, not my gun.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Like I said it’s probably a bad habit but who runs their gun to slide lock? How did that even come up? As far as it’s mounting failing I just don’t see that happening. It’s perfectly counter sunk in the slide , but again it’s probably not the best habit as pointed out by GG the same motion for all my pistols would better serve me.

DmanSlam and Gorilla George like this.
  7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Umm...people who don't sit there and count every shot and want to use up all the rounds in the mags lol....Which I'm guessing is most people.

8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

In all the excitement.. I can’t remember if I fired 5 shots or 6 ... but since this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off . You have to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky ???
    Well ... do you PUNK !!

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

"I gotsta to know"

motoracer1100 likes this.
  10. It’s been a good morning. :)

FCD0266C-1CF4-4B04-86FE-52BEE6AA1FBD.jpeg

Triple X likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you wait a while or do you just walk back to the car with a full erection when you're done?

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fixed that

13. I walk immediately back, while giving everyone a Ron Burgandy: “Don’t act like you’re not impressed”

:D

HPPT likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Are those the wife's pistols ??

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

[​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

How do you use the two on the left without any optics? Do you just throw the gun?

17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

My experience has been different. I’ve seen several come loose due to guys using the optic for a cocking lever. In fact we specifically tailored our training to address this issue.

Regarding slide lock, I run non lock back followers so I can have one more round! More pew pew!

18. :moon:

That was my agenda today, I wanted to shoot some of the little ones back to back, to see if I wanna change my EDC.

I just brought the H&K VP9L Tactical because it’s my bedside weapon, and I hadn’t shot it in over a week. And because it’s badass. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. Yep. I don’t even load them. I just throw them. :D

20. Lemme get this jotted down while it’s fresh...

H&K VP9-SK vs Canik TP9-Elite SC

The HK feels much better in my hand. It’s hard to explain, but it gives a more “confident” feeling. It feels more like it was made for my hand.

The HK is also a softer shooting gun. Noticeably less recoil with the VP9-SK.

The Canik has a much more crisp trigger reset, and the reset is miles shorter. Like, a lot shorter.

The Canik also has an optic. I just need to get a Talon grip on it.

Capacity is the same, weight feels the same, and they are dimensionally identically.

So between those two, I’m leaning towards the Canik.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021