I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. upload_2021-2-13_18-58-14.jpeg

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

It gets worse. I also replaced a delta 10mm I sold 20 to 30 years ago at around the same time I got the kimber 10 and I haven’t shot that ether. I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with me. Since my first gun purchase 40 couple years ago I’d get home and send some rounds out the back door. When I built the house I live in now 30 years ago I’d send them off the deck. For some reason the last five years I’m running about 75% on first day tryouts. I am totally embarrassed and I’ll commit myself to doing better.

4. Eh, I can’t say much. I have several that don’t have more than 100 rounds through them. And a few with less than that.

I like shopping, buying them, installing optics and lights and lasers and shit. Then I take it to the range and shoot it. Then I’m like “ok, what next”. And I want to do it again.

Basically it’s the same way I am with bikes.

Some of them I fall I love with and use over and over. There are some that I’ve got thousands and thousands of rounds through. But then there are others that I only took to the range once.

I should sell some of them, but I can’t bring myself to do it.

Triple X and Photo like this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just spent 8.5 hours in the ww2 museum in New Orleans.

It’s amazing and I worry about the dumbest things. Definitely should be peoples lists of things to see

6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

That is what the say . Most people buy a new gun take it to the range put a box of ammo through it .Go home put it in the safe and than move on to the next gun. I am guilty of that with some of my guns.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. I put a ton of rounds through the primary ones that I would actually depend on in a self-defense situation (EDC, bedside, etc). In my opinion, shooting is just like racing and other activities, I feel that muscle memory is super important. Especially when also dealing with the effects of adrenaline. There is no such thing as "rising to the occasion"; you rise to the level of your training.

I always take 4 guns each time I go to the range, mainly because one of my biggest fears is forgetting and leaving one behind. The big pockets on the side of my range bag hold 4 guns. So as long as those pockets are full when I leave, I know I have everything. 1-2 of the guns I take will be one of those primary ones, every time.

Photo likes this.
  8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Definitely worth a day checking it out! The aircraft display is beyond incredible.

Triple X likes this.
  9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I've been guilty of shopping for a new gun before getting a chance to shoot the last one I bought! lol But once I get them, I shoot them all quite a bit...well at least before there was an ammo shortage I would. The range I'm a member at is also over 2 hours away so if I'm going to drive that far I'm going to make the most of it. So I would take like all my guns (5-6) and spend about 3-4 hours there. Couple of pistols, shotgun, the AR, and the precision rifle. My conceal carry pistol is the least used gun I have now. I just don't enjoy shooting it as much as any of my other guns. Occasionally I'll take that along and shoot a mag through it just to make sure everything still works fine and to maintain my skills with it, but I have way more fun shooting the long guns or bigger pistols.

Lately I've mostly shot the rifles because I have barely any pistol and shotgun ammo left, but I still have a decent amount of rifle ammo.

10. I’m lucky enough to have 2 ranges (one indoor, one outdoor), within 15min.

The outdoor range is awesome, because it’s free. It isn’t manned; nobody works it. It is inside a State Park. There are multiple lanes varying in distance.

But obviously you have to bring your own targets. The only rule they have is not to leave trash behind (since it is a State Park). Aside from that, you can pretty much do what you want, because it’s just you. I’ve only had someone else there a handful of times (it’s usually hunters dialing in scopes).

So I can have fun. Run around, duck and shoot behind barrels, etc. Because it’s just me, alone in the middle of a forrest, I can play. :D

sbk1198 and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Heads up, Primary Arms is having a big one-day-only sale on Streamlight shit.

https://www.primaryarms.com/SaleNam...=BANNER_1&utm_campaign=21_02_AD11_Streamlight

I got a light/laser combo for the G17, and one of those little trigger guard light/laser combos for the G43x.

I’m gonna make the G43x an awesome little EDC. I’ll add this little light/laser, and send the slide off to be milled for the little Trijicon RMRcc.

I’ll see if this Deltapoint fits on the G17 or not. I may end up getting another slide and having them cut it too.

motoracer1100 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

o_O Just keeping them around unnecessarily creates bad ju-ju, ya know? :Poke:
    I thought everyone that! :rolleyes:

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. Nice try. :D

speedluvn likes this.
  14. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My wife hadn’t bought me a Valentines present so I put a laser light combo, a pocket flashlight, and a monster 3,500 lumen flashlight in the cart then handed her my phone and told her to put in her CC info. She asked where I found the sale and I told her the beeb, she said “tell the beeb I said thank you and fuck you!”

15. That’s awesome. :crackup:

I got my wife a 12.9” iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard (same setup I got myself; I got them both at the same time, but held on to hers so I could use it as a present. :D)

It’s funny because she has no real concept of money/costs. I think it’s probably because she didn’t grow up in the US.

I don’t know how to explain it. For example, she asked how much the iPad and stuff was, she didn’t want me to spend a lot on her. I just said “it wasn’t cheap”.

Then she was like “was it $10,000?”. And I was like “Oh no, it was only about $2k altogether”. And she’s like “Ah ok”.

Or when we went looking at TVs, she will be like “it shouldn’t be more than $20,000 right?”

Or sometimes it will be the opposite. Like when we got these new iPhones a couple of months ago, she was like “they should only be $200 right?”

Like she doesn’t have a good concept of the relationship between US$ and products.

Which is handy when she sees a new bike or gun or something. I can be like “it was only $___” and she will be like “oh ok”. Haha.

She rarely asks or cares. But if she does, I won’t lie about the price. No matter what I say she’s like “Ah ok”. In the back of my mind, I don’t think she even knows if that amount is a lot or not. One time I’m gonna say some ridiculous shit, like the new rifle was “only $17,000”, just to see what she says. A paycheck says she would still be like “Ah ok” and walk off. :crackup:

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

She's got you played...

17. Maybe. But as long as I always get what I want, I’m good with it. :D

Boman Forklift and Sabre699 like this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Man with y’alls income you better hope she never comes across a real salesman with no morals

19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Where the hell did you find that unicorn?? lol Most of them are like "You spent $17 on lunch?? WTF is wrong with you??!" lol

20. We would be in a bind. :D