1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No Harbor Freight around there?

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

For something like that try Ace Hardware, or maybe Harbour Freight.

3. Good point guys, actually I think there is. It seems like I’ve seen it before when driving around. Lemme Google it.

4. Yep, found it. It’s only 6 miles away.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

The guys on sniper's hide are going nuts over powder valley and the website crashing. I found some regular priced 10mm yesterday and the local store in Montgomery had like 3 rows of H4350 available. If anyone is in dire need of H4350 and is in TN let me know. I can get some more

7. When I was at Academy I talked to the dude about ammo. He said you wouldn’t believe the shit people do.

A lot of people know their delivery schedule, and will start lining up at the door at 5am (they don’t open until 9am), as if they are waiting to get in a concert or some shit.

They have a 3 box limit. He said people will buy 3 boxes, then go outside and change shirts, put a hat on (or take it off), and put on a different mask...then come back in and try to buy more.

sbk1198 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Here in nc people show up at 2 am for academy to open at 9.
    I went to Cabela's yesterday at 7am and got what I wanted at 9am I was also first in line haha

9. I mean seriously, who needs ammo THAT bad? Especially seeing how you can only get 1-3 boxes at a time.

I might could see if someone had zero ammo, as in bone dry. And they wanted to have some defensive ammo for personal/family protection.

But aside from that, it makes no sense.

If someone doesn’t go to the range, and ONLY needs it for protection, theoretically they should only need 1 or 2 boxes. Enough to fill the gun and a spare mag or two.

When was the last time a private citizen got in an actual gunfight and needed 500 rounds of ammo to finish it?

Statistics say the average altercation or “gun fight” is over in less than 4 rounds. It was something like an average of 3.6 rounds fired.

That included police altercations (which is why the average number is that “high”). If you removed police gun fights, it was less than 3 rounds fired.

10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What kind of 5.56 are you looking for? I have a decent amount I don't really plan on using. I would trade for 9mm, or 6.5 creedmoor, or other cool shit lol

11. sbk1198

12. Well if it makes you feel better, I got some. :D

13. sbk1198

It's for the people that fit in one of these 2 categories:

A. People who just want to go shooting at the range a lot still and go through a lot of ammo

B. People who haven't bought all the ammo on the shelves yet and think they need to have thousands of rounds of every caliber to look at...

I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day about 9mm ammo and he said he goes to the local store in the small town he lives where he can still get it for around 23-25 cents a round (although limited to 2 boxes a day), he knows the store's schedule cuz he made friends with the manager so he keep adding it up. But he's up to 2,000 rounds or so but said he wants to get to at least 5000-6000. Meanwhile I counted my sad pile and I'm down to 160 rounds :( A big chunk of what's driving this shortage is simply a huge spike in demand. Manufacturers are producing ammo 24/7 and now there are smaller manufacturers that nobody's even heard of helping out, and all of that is still not enough cuz there are so many people that think they need to have tens of thousands of rounds sitting at home. It's no different than the great toilet paper shortage of 2020....would've been fine if nobody thought they need to have 200 rolls at a time in their house :rolleyes:

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

match grade 73-77gr. Got a 1k round case of Winchester 115gr. 9mm I've offered up for trade on my local board but haven't been able to reach an agreement on exchange rates with anyone yet.

I'd be happy to trade if we could work something out. Problem is dealing with shipping, having to pay for it, navigate laws regarding shipping ammo (which I know nothing about). Unless you happen to be in the Nashville area from time to time.

15. sbk1198

That does not make me feel better at all! LOL You already have a safe full of ammo! lol

16. Anybody have a link for a kit that contains those littleass bolts used for mounting optics?

I’m sure I’ll need more for some reason later. I’d rather just buy a kit and have it on hand.

17. sbk1198

Damn. I just have the shitty typical 55g stuff. I'm kinda trying to dispose of it cuz I'd rather get 62g at least or something in the 75ish range like what you're looking for. The 55g is ok, but it's not that good for my barrel. Even at 100 yards, all I can get is about 2.5-3 MOA groupings with that. I tried 62g of the same exact brand and it tightened up to about 1.5-2 MOA groups. Haven't tried anything heavier but I'm betting I can get closer to 1-1.25 MOA with that.

18. Well, if that doesn’t make you feel better, maybe this will...

2 safes and a storage cabinet full. :D

19. sbk1198

You sumbitch! :mad: