I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I should be going to NC in two weeks for hog & dogs. Can’t wait!

Photo and Steak Travis like this.
  2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

O'really? Where too?

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Probably Ansonville
    But we’re open to any invitations

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've got an MRO on my primary LMT 5.56 rifle. I like it a lot. lower 1/3 cowitness and like that there's an off setting between 3 and 4 which is where I usually like it (I like my red dots on the dim side). Solid so far after a few years of light use.

5. What is yall's opinion of "Foxtrot Mike" guns?

My local indoor range is also a gun shop, and they accept transfers. So I ordered one of these...
    https://www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot...rms-exclusive-45acp-ar-pistol-with-sba3-brace

Its a .45ACP AR Pistol with a Glock magwell. Then I also ordered some Glock .45 26-round magazines (from a different site). Plus a light/laser combo, and Romeo-5 optic.

I reckon I should have asked for opinions before I ordered it, but fuck it. I like the idea of an AR that shoots either 9mm or .45 so I can use it at my indoor range over the winter. I already have the Ruger Charger that shoots 9mm, so I went with this one in .45.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

that one review says it's good hah. I had one of those Beretta storm rifle things in 45. It was really cool but the only downside was ammo capacity. If it cycles, I think you'll like the 45 in rifle format.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I shot my buddies a bunch, fun little pistol. His only gripe was you seem to have to use factory Glock mags, that the aftermarket ones seem to have issues.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

FM guns are GTG. Why did you pick the .45 though? That's an expensive round to throw down range at the speed you will with an AR pistol. The 9MM is (in normal times) much more reasonable to shoot. I would look into upgrading the buffer setup. You can reduce muzzle rise and recoil with aftermarket farkles. If it doesn't already have it I would look into 10oz buffer if you plan to shoot it suppressed.Which is really nice.

From Angstadt Arms:
    .45 ACP
    We recommend using at least a heavy buffer kit which includes an 8oz extended length buffer and AR-15 carbine length buffer spring. If you are shooting suppressed or using hotter ammunition you can try using our 10oz buffer kit.

9. I already have a ton of 9mm guns. I think I only have 10 or 11 that are .45's. But ive got a metric shitpile more .45 ammo than I do 9mm. Of all the ammo I have stockpiled, I bet 2/3's of it is .45.

Plus I just like the idea of an AR style .45, and of course .45 is better than 9mm because bigger pew. :D

dobr24 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek:

11. [​IMG]

Sabre699 and renegade17 like this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sabre.....you missed the best part. I wonder how much a "ton" is to GG?!

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  13. Sabre699

No shit.....right ?? :crackup:

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably an actual 2000 lb room of 9mms!

1000 guns

15. Sabre699

How does that equate to a metric shit-ton ??

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That would be 1100 guns......

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I bet you couldn't guess within 20 guns how many you have. We'll never know for sure- if you started counting you'd start playing with the 3rd one and head to the range or start looking up accessories for it online.

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

The two brands of pistols I had been considering are the CMMG Banshee (this is probably the most popular) and the one that I saw last year at a show were the Quarter Circle 10 rifles/pistols. I wasn't familiar with them but they have a variety of pistol calibers, as well as lowers to work with the popular magazines. so if you want a 9mm AR platform but want to use MP5 magazines they have it. Or Glock mags. Or Sig mags. Or Colt SMG stick mags.

https://www.quartercircle10.com/catalog/category/view/s/ar15completepistols/id/97/

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

But 9mm is better than .45 because more pew pew in the same size magazine.

20. I might could if I really thought about it. :D I had to get another big safe last month, but I can't remember how many fit in the other safe; ive had it for a long time.

But now that you mention it, one day I need to sit down and make a register. A couple of months ago I saw a Springfield XD-9 with extended magazine that I liked so I grabbed it. Then about a week later I found that I already had one exactly like it at home. [/facepalm]