I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Tax Stamp Tuesday. Waited 6 months for these..... Silencer Co Maxim 9 and rugged Obsidian45 can.

IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3825.jpg

dobr24, Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  2. Triple X likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What? You're not waiting for the 30s? :D

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hey Broome, Taran Tactical:

[​IMG]

Just send them a Glock and you get that back.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

That is the only glock I have ever seen that actually appeals to me. Not enough to make me consider getting one, but still a huge improvement. If I do decide to buy an extremely ugly yet completely dependable pistol, I'll just get the Hi-Point.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ya know I generally laugh at people who boycott businesses or refuse to shop at some places because of political views or some statement that some employee made. But fuck if taran isn’t just such a raging nuclear douche missile that I’m actually not sure I could bring myself to give him any of my money.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Man!
    That just blows my mind.
    That’s like saying you get a Pacer with a Yugo drive train to make deliveries before you’d get a F150
    Takes all kinds I guess.

8. Haha. Fuckers will probably wait till these 27 rounders show up, then 2 days later come out with a 30.

9. It’s cool that Sig sells these. The P320 doesn’t have cutouts for optics. But I was able to order a slide, with a Romeo already mounted.

B3FFCF30-2109-45C6-BA46-42634493991F.jpeg

10. I was hoping Springfield does the same for the Hellcat, but they don’t. I was too impatient when I got the Hellcat and didn’t want to wait for them to get the one with optics in stock.

Now I wish ida waited. I was hoping I could just order a slide like the Sig one, but Springfield doesn’t do that (they stated such in an email).

I’ve found some aftermarket places that sell slides with cutouts, but they are for other models and not the Hellcat.

11. nigel smith

It's more like buying the F150 instead of the Silverado. They both do the same job, in much the same fashion. Anyhow, I'm not in the market for a hideous pistol, so it's a moot point. Unless every 1911 in the world turns to dust, I don't have to think about what handgun I want.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I had primary machine cut a slide for me and they did a great job. Or buy the optic ready hell cat and I’ll buy ur standard

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

have one cut somewhere?

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have more 1911s than any other type of pistol so I do get it. I never liked Glocks until I shot my sons and couldn’t believe how accurate it was. I now own two a treat them like the tools they are. I’ve shot some of my 1911s in competition but I don’t like throwing them in the bucket. They’re just too good looking

15. We might do that if I can find one.

I’m about to run over to my fav gun store and see if they have one.

16. nigel smith

Glocks do account for more accidental discharges than a teenage boy in a Las Vegas whorehouse, so they do have that going for them.

17. Well, they didn’t have a Hellcat OSP in stock.

So instead I got a FN .45 Tactical, and a Trijicon RMR for it.

I’ve got no purpose for it, but I was there and it looked cool. :D

5190C646-8BE3-4F30-8874-7746F88DB330.jpeg

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

And like the teenage boys, it's always user error. I think the word you were looking for was negligent instead of accidental.

19. :stupid:

I have to feel that’s mainly because there are more Glocks out there than anything else. It’s the most popular/recognizable name.

If there are more of them than anything else, they are likely going to have the most mishaps.

It’s sorta like that statistic that says “Most accidents happen 10 miles from home”. Well no fucking shit, because that’s where the most driving occurs.