1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Hop onto the email lists. That's what I've done. After getting the notification, I had about ten minutes before it was sold out again.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep stuff is nuts now. I recently put my foot in my mouth bragging here that 303 is always available because apparently nobody else shoots these.......lo and freaking behold apparently a whole lot of people do from what all the gun shops have told me. They say it’s sold as it hits the shelves:( Sorry not a handgun I know.......where’s the rifle thread?:D

3. My local Academy is out of everydamnthing. When I stopped in there a few days ago, there was nothing. Not a single handgun or box of ammo.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Daaammn.....wonder where it all went ??

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Some stinky fat woman behind Broome in line probably got sassy...

sbk1198, Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Sabre699

7. Not it! :crackup:

Nick_OMC likes this.
  8. :crackup:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A whole f@ckton of enfields and other shit came in from Africa earlier this year and they were "cheap."

10. Sabre699

There's probably still good deals on Arvin rifles. :D

Edit:
    Never fired and only dropped once.

11. britx303

Serious? My first Enfield was an old service rifle from Canada. It was super cheap at the time circa 93 or 94. My current is an heirloom, and fun the shoot, but I’d never intentionally buy another.Haven’t been to a surplus store in 15 or so years, so figured retired 303s were dried up. Guess not and hope that doesn’t keep the brass at double/triple price.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I forget who the importer was but a few different ones have come in with all kinds of kick ass shit (and some complete junk). I wish I could find the articles I read.

M1 Carbines, Garands, Enfields, Beretta pistols. . . huge amounts of older and some newer stuff came in.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Just re-watched Gran Torino. I need a Garand for home defense.

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Razr, Sabre699 and britx303 like this.
  16. britx303

Found a place near Richmond selling Enfields and other oddball decommissioned Rifles while doing my shopping this morning.They’ve got what I’m on the hunt for, which isn’t any of that..........trying to make the trip today. New dirt bike now on hold since the potential left Twix won’t jeopardise that.:D Oh wait..........

17. britx303

Hmmmm I’ve got tons of 22lr rounds too. At $180 bucks, that’d be a good one for my girls..........or my excuse to get one for me:D

Photo likes this.
  18. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

made the mistake about 10 years ago of buying a 22 suppressor. Since than I have been searching for the perfect host.(that's my excuse) I probably have about 20 different 22's with threaded barrels . Bought a cmmg conversion kit for my ar's probably the best $150.00 I spent.

britx303 likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Or a Zippo.

tiggen likes this.
  20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You guys should have local gun boards. There's almost always a thread where people post up ammo and reloading components. I was able to grab 500 sig saur 9mm rounds for like 30 cents a round this past week. Also, reloading wise, I've gotten almost everything I've wanted, except small pistol primers. Every powder I've wanted, small rifle primers, all bullets and lots of once fired brass. Just gotta be quick on the trigger.