1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

For 10k a pop I'd warm it up and eat it straight off the exhaust can.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn! That's a big chunk of change!

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure you didn’t pick up on his sarcasm when he said that.

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

There were so many yellow shirt facility workers there, it has to be a lot. I’ve never seen so many track personnel before and someone has to pay their wages... the county health order restricting fans had to be tough news for MA. It was an awesome track to ride and if there was ever a way to do a WERA round there, I’m in, no question.

SundaySocial likes this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish you had been able to make it. There were a lot of people to race with and I think the high speed nature of the track helped equalize things for those of us who didn’t grow up riding mini bikes on go kart tracks.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I think a lot of those dudes are volunteers. I could be wrong but I didn’t see one that wasn’t a few years into social security.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I went to a dealer meeting in Indy 3 years ago and the company rented out the place for a dinner party. They had some pro drivers giving people hot laps.

I'm sure it cost a pretty penny but I don't think it was outrageous.

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Bobby Fong literally had his bike dialed for this track which showed the Suzuki’s strength off the turns. Loved it! Actually he’s been the guy this whole year with M4 Ecstar. I see room for improvement on his corner entry but man when he pulled the pin off the mid turn to exit that bike was a rocket!

As for that long front straight I really did not see all weekend a deficit of top speed for the Suzuki or the factory Yamaha’s against the full factory Ducati. When pinto bean passed he did use a lot of draft when close enough and was not a complete fly by off the turn coming onto long straight to T1.

The Ducati does win loudest bike award. Loud shit been done away with in SX and MX long time ago. BUT Loud pipes save lives.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Me too. I told my wife that's not a good look for the series. A guy who got whacked in the back by a motorcycle being asked to fold himself into a sports car.

Quicktoy and the relic room like this.
  11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

With every class championship being wrapped up this weekend, Laguna Seca could be really fun to watch cuz they're all gonna be racing just for fun, not thinking of any championship points...at least not the top guys in every class.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m a bigger fan now. I love it. F the haters.

The Great One, drop and Circacee like this.
  13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I think AZ was able to pass all of the Yamahas and Suzukis on the front straight over the course of the weekend. I don’t recall anyone drafting/passing AZ.

cav115 likes this.
  14. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Look at the size difference. All the other riders on the Yamies and Zooks are small in comparison to Zennetti. He passed all the other bikes on the straight, draft or not. No one passed him, even with the draft.

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think I heard GW or JP say that Kyle's Ducati had the stock motor back in it for this weekend?

I wonder if Kyle will stick with the Ducati again next year. It seems like he's struggled with setup on it all year, and Celtic has kind of taken the Ducatisti flag away from him.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He said before that he has to much invested in the Ducati to switch to a superstock bike,so I would imagine the same goes for switching brands.

Senna likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I wondered the same. Perhaps he can go back to the Yamaha R1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I didn't get the sense from the commentator's chatter that Ducati has swung it's resources behind Celtic so much as Celtic went out and paid for them.

19. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Why would he stay with it. Hell he can buy a entire new R1 for what a swingarm costs on that thing. And he can't have a spare race motor that's stupid. Switch and save like the commercial says.

Razr likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Agreed - I meant it more like KWR being the default team Ducati fans root for in MA. I don't think Ducati is giving anything to Celtic for free.

The bike has just seemed to be a headache for him this year - he's even said so himself in one of his videos that the V4 is a cruel mistress, or something to that effect. When his team gets the setup right it's awesome, but it seems like it has a narrow performance window.