1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

So listening to the new off track with Carruthers and Bice, Chris Ulrich says Richie is sandbagging the beginning of races. The whole thing is funny considering they never complained until they started getting beat by that bike.

VFR#52 and henry_carlson like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They're not getting beat by the bike, they're getting beat by the rider. I'm a Suzuki guy but the whining is too much. If Richie was pulling 5 bike lengths on every straight they could blame the extra cc's, but he not so it's time to STH up.

VFR#52, jd41, sbk1198 and 6 others like this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

All they need to do is hire @DDK732 away from kawi :)

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

It rally bugs me that he kept saying they were "exploiting" things. UHHHHHH not really man, nothing is illegal. A - read the rules b- YOU COULD HAVE RAN the same exact bike but you wanted a relationship with Suzuki so you didnt.

sk8rat, VFR#52 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

In the excuse game, one is the same as the other.

6. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that pj wins two races on the ducati and all he'll breaks loose and he gets 20lbs added to the bike and nothing was done about the 636 in 600s. I do not think the bike is the difference here in either case. Both Richie and PJ are exceptional riders I'm just still upset about that penalty they put on hsbk

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

And he seemed to check every excuse known to man.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Hasn't the Leak 636 been legal for several years? And hasn't the bike been relatively unchanged for a while too?

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Why is Escalante called Richie V?

I've watched maybe half dozen to a dozen of the supersport races on my DVR since MotoAmerica has a pretty good television package this year.
    It does always look like Escalante has pace in hand for most of the races I've watched. Almost Marquez pace, but not quite.
    It's up to MotoAmerica to decide if they want to everyone to switch to kawasaki and possibly lose more factory support from the other brands or do something about it before that happens. (does seem rather double standard that they penalize the ducati in superstock though)
    Nothing Escalante is doing wrong...

Outside of Escalante's team, Chris Ulrich would know, though... don't you think.

BTW, miss JD Beach...

Wingnut and Pixelator like this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The lap times and dominance probably played a factor in that decision

VFR#52, KneeDragger_c69 and spcassell like this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Well, if the claim of sandbagging were true, then Richie must be letting off the throttle on the straights so that the bikes pull the same right? Maybe 5% less throttle for 5% more capacity :crackup:Or maybe he's sandbagging in the corners when he carries more corner speed than others. There's more to going fast than just displacement. There's weight, rpm, electronics, frame/suspension, aero, and more. Seems to me the competition is pretty well balanced so good on MA. Maybe if the competition spent their time talking about how the Yamaha or Suzuki package can do more with less displacement and trying to help sell more Suzuki's, this whole racing drives business drives racing circle can get stronger.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Don't forget about Barney and the Ducati, and everyone said he was on a cheater bike.

VFR#52 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think there is a difference.
    The Ducati is a homologation special that cost 3 times what the other bikes do. Not everyone would be able to afford running one, and as far as I know PJ was going faster than any other Stock1000 had gone.
    The Kawi is the cheapest bike on the grid, and they are running slower than the fast guys were in previous years.

VFR#52, jd41, SuddenBraking and 3 others like this.
  15. Escalante has said it before this year even, he hates fresh tires and takes him a few laps until they feel “ comfortable to push” to him.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. I think he’s a cheater, no one that old should be that fast :) Plus a damn good guy to boot.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Who in the hell is Richie V?

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Accusing him of sandbagging? Really?

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I said it when SDK whined in the press conference about displacement that it sounds like something CU would be constantly bitching about in the pits when the Kawi beats everyone.

If SDK had the same pace as Fong did last year, he would be winning far more races. Even Paasch doesn't have the same pace that PJ did last year.

badmoon692008 and VFR#52 like this.
  20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Man, I hate to say it, but the M4 team is starting to look pathetic. It sucks to witness such a professionalism and well-respect team come apart at the seams over the course of a few months. :(

TurboBlew, VFR#52, Shocker and 2 others like this.