1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 6 | Italy| Misano | Sep 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda and HRC has never made the bike their riders request in motogp. They make the bike THEY want and then force their rider to adapt to it or they find one that can. They got lucky with Marc and before that, Casey, Doohan and Lawson.
    They may try and "fix" it after but, win or leave.

The only time they f@cked up and made a bike that "everyone" could ride and win on was the V5.

To HRC since old man Honda died riders are cogs. This one doesn't work, throw another in. That one wears out or has a broken tooth, throw another in.

vizsladog, Shocker, BHP41 and 3 others like this.
  2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He’s on a full factory as far as I know

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Taka is riding the 2019 bike. Others on latest.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Dovi has always been Mr. Consistent and it’s paying off, his style almost requires a year like this for him to get the big ring though. He has an excellent chance of winning it this year if he keeps it on 2 wheels and everyone else keeps playing pinballs.

He doesn’t appear able to go out and seize a championship through force of will, and that’s what Ducati wants. The regular years are dominated by the preternatural talent.

The very consistent-not spectacular strategy pays off once a decade ish. The last time it worked was 2006.

Shocker, scottn, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hey now. Alex M and Bradley S also. :D

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This post was kinda in jest... but....

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Right you are. I should have said score at least one point in every race.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fixed

pscook likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fußball

or

Foosball

because it’s played with the feet.

not like “run with an egg in your hand ball”
    Or rugby with gear

10. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

i think the rider with the most points at the end of season will win it this year. that's a lock.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Interesting race.

I'm a bit bummed for Rossi, as I would have liked to have seen him podium at his home track. I'm also glad for him, as two of his VR/46 riders did really well today, so that shows his program is working.

4 races with 4 different winners to me says the racing is pretty exciting. 3 maiden GP winners in those 4.

I don't understand why they sent FQ back out. His tires had cooled and there was nothing to be gained (at least from what I saw). As a result, he had his second crash.

12. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

Dave - NBC showed the race but at 4:30pm. Here's the NBC schedule:

upload_2020-9-14_0-23-34.png

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Is there any rules that would prohibit Bradl or the lesser Marquez from requesting a 2019 bike?

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Yes, because of engines they decided to run at the beginning of the season

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I love that part of it though.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

he's got another opportunity in 6 days.
    it'd be great if he could make it stick.

turbulence likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He thought he heard something funny with the engine, so the team told him to make another lap to see what it was. His post race interview he seemed so level headed about what happened. This kid has a bright future in GP.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/944574/1/quartararo-cant-buy-experience-loses-title-lead

Jedb, scottn and Shocker like this.
  18. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

It seems that the Vinales run for the rear once the race starts is such a given that no one comments on it. What in the world is going on with him?

19. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Is it just me... or how are all these "new" racers all of a sudden have pace to win races???
    MM93, Dovi, and say Maverick were the class of the entire grid...
    MM93 falls and now it game on for like every ride to possibly make the win or podium.
    Whats up with that?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

While the cat's away...

Razr likes this.