new S450RR

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

only problem: it's not Bavarian and the Brand is "Moto"

[​IMG]

Perfect plagiarism of the Munich sport bike: in fact, even the logo on the front fender is very reminiscent of that of the Bavarian manufacturer.

The substance, we said, relies on a 450 cc twin-cylinder capable of declared performances of 24 horsepower and 22 Nm , even if there is a bit of confusion on the revs (the maximum torque value would be delivered at a higher speed than that of maximum power ...) but we assume respectively 7,000 and 6,500. The electronics are limited to a digital dashboard - which is somewhat reminiscent of certain old sub-brand tablets - while the chassis looks respectable, with an adjustable fork and braking system with a set of discs (let's overlook the appearance) and front calipers. radial mounting. The pair of 17-inch wheels are fitted with tires in sizes 110 and 150.

Of course, the Moto S450RR will never arrive in Europe, but if you are interested, the price in Thailand is the equivalent of our 1,800 euros .

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw a mention of that the other day on Visordown but just glossed over it.

Redesign the plastic so it isn't a complete ripoff of BMW, make it so it last more then 300 miles and I think it could be an interesting option in the US. Cheap and something you could race (for last in class but who cares) and if you toss it down the road, you're not out tens of thousands of bucks. Someone will make aftermarket parts for it to replace the wood brakes, shit forks and pogo stick rear shock.

The other thing I saw that I will go back and read about at some point is a story on an inline four 1000cc out of China. That really got my attention.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's some funky looking discs...

4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Crazy you can get 24 horses out of a 450 cc twin in 2020 :rolleyes:

tiggen, joec and Phl218 like this.
  5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

They are made of dried bananas... Good news, the smoke that comes off of them in the one or two hard braking "events" you get is narcotic!

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The person that buys that is going to be pissed when a modded Grom passes them. :D

TurboBlew, Sabre699 and Phl218 like this.
  7. cha0s#242

And there sure are a lot of modded Groms in Thailand... I have a friend there that has one making close to 30 hp.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

and then there was that one

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They look like they're made of cardboard.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You mean........crazy they only got 24hp out of 450 twin in 2020..........:D

masshole likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I have a "friend" in Philly doing the same :p

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Speaking as an old sailor, Groms are not the only thing commonly modded there.

cha0s#242, Phl218, pro69ss and 2 others like this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Many, many years ago, I read an article in High Times explaining how to get high on dried banana peels. I'm not sure if it's worth the required effort. That's all I have to say about that.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

There's a dead milkmen song.....

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

At the brochure, maybe, assuming it's a different base engine...

16. cha0s#242

@gpstar748 to the courtesy phone, please :D

motion and Phl218 like this.