1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The burbs, city, country...where do you live?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

10 1/2 acres in the sticks on the shore of Lake Michigan in the Summer. And 5 acre jungle lot in Crystal River Florida in the winter ..
    I like trees more than people :D

2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

In the middle of a National Forest in Northern Arizona. Elevation 6300 feet, 1.5 hours from the nearest Interstate. I gave the one finger salute to big city life about 2 years ago and I'm never going back.

Edit: As you can see in the photo, this place is already full. Don't move here.

hike.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    jrsamples, Tj Hunter, Wingnut and 5 others like this.
  3. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

30 min north of down town Milwaukee in the middle of the woods.

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

12 acres about 20 miles north of Durham and Duke. Daily visits by ~6-8 deer, including two impressive bucks. Wife leaves them fresh apple quarters. Life is good.

shakazulu12 and henry_carlson like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Were in the heck is that exactly? Canyon De Chelly area? It's beautiful.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Motoracer, do you see Mario Batali around Northport these days?

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If only you didn't use it daily to complete market transactions. Bummer. <trying not to laugh at your predicament>

I live on the edge of city, next to expansive open ag land and riparian wetland. It's a veritable ecotone.

8. deathwagon

That's Woods Canyon Lake. It's funny, everyone thinks it's all cactus and tumbleweeds here.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... I’ve seen him up here for years ... he bought my Father’s old house on the lake front .

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I live Downtown Raleigh and get visit by mad deer too! Hhaha NC deer dont play

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think I’ve walked so much going in and out and through that airport when I used to fly a lot. Longest walk ever.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Like hell I do!

My transactions are all in ones and zeroes. :D

13. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

East side of Denver but headed back to Florida at the end of the year - going to be Destin area . It took 2 winters to realize I hate winter !

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've actually been near there. We came through Pine on our way back from Winslow. From your description, I thought you were farther north.

15. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Tilloo Cay, Abaco, Bahamas

joec and motoracer1100 like this.
  16. deathwagon

Pine is an adorable little town. I'm a bit Northwest of there, actual location is classified :)

For those unfamiliar with Arizona, all vehicles are pulled over after crossing the State line into AZ.

State Trooper: "Sir, do you have any weapons in the vehicle?"
    Driver: "No"
    State Trooper: "Well here's a 9mm and a .45 to get you by temporarily until you can stop at the gun store down the road and get yourself sorted out. Welcome to Arizona."

Wingnut, E Reed and rd400racer like this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You do need to have your walking shoes on at PHL.

G 97 likes this.
  18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Same at Minneapolis airport

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

15 minutes NW of DC in MD. its the land full of traffic and assholes and yuppie white range rover moms. i want to move further away into the sticks of MD. tired of all this bullshit. what my job does with telecommuting or not in the next year will decide that, or a new job might be on the horizon, but i need that before i can move otherwise commuting will be absurd. i will say tho that the quick access to amazing food and cool shit to do is always nice, but some land and privacy and quiet is seeming to be more and more important. grew up in Silver Spring, MD, i was a DC city kid all my life, always travelling and hanging out in other big cities. now i want a yard for dogs and a pool and to be able to ride dirt bikes on my own property.

joec likes this.