1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 2 | Spain | Jerez | July 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Gotta love middle aged men with no professional race experience, no athletic ability, and no motivation or hunger to be the very fucking best in the world, who are telling a 20 year old what to do.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

With that many men for you to be lovin' on, will Clarence be butthurt?
    :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Not sure, you'd have to ask him. I havent seen or heard form him in a while. Its been nice!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not many people can press a Volkswagen

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

And Atlas is still at the Earth station at the gym.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He will shrug. He always does.

cav115 and fastfreddie like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t have any hunger because I just ate a large breakfast. Duh. :D

cav115 likes this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Pussy! I just ate twice my body weight in toast and coffee.

Phl218, Chango, Blammo and 2 others like this.
  9. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I agree with you and I'm not taking sides but, there was another incident back in 2015 where a rider started at the very back of the grid and managed to work his way up to 4th. That had the added pressure/disappointment of losing out on the whole world championship by one place.

I really hope the red mist of this decision doesn't cause the kid some permanent injury.

MachineR1 and motoboy like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Who is John Galt?

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I remember that.. Many of the riders just moved out the way. IIRC He probably would have lost anyway. His lap times were not as fast as the top 3.

~sent from mobile

Shocker likes this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Can anyone find the x-ray picture of MM's arm break? I know I saw it either here or Facebook but for the life of me cannot find it right now. I think I saw it Monday or Tuesday somewhere.

Absolutely fucking incredible that he's going to ride 5 days later. What kind of mad scientist medical / doctor / procedure did they do to fix it that fucking fast?

Edit.. found it

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Amazing!

15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

first of all, since when are track day passes clean?

secondly.. wishing someone would crash after what he just went through and his willingness to get back out there to put on a show.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

track wagon, Shocker, MVA25 and 2 others like this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If Marc actually wins this race, Dovi and Mav will need to be put on suicide watch because they’ll know without a shadow of a doubt that they’ll never win the ‘ship.

The little fucker is so much faster that with enough painkillers I think he can do it.

This is really do or die for Mav and Dovi, if they can’t beat the guy who broke his throttle arm arm in fucking half a week ago they’re going to be mentally wrecked. I sure hope they have the balls to play bumper cars with Marc if he’s anywhere near the front. If there were ever a time to turn Marc’s tactics against him, this is it.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Are you hard of reading? I’m not wishing anything on Marc. I’m saying that if there’s ever a time for his competitors to show him no mercy, it’s right now. He finally has shown some weakness, if they’re not willing to ruthlessly exploit it then they will never, ever beat him. If your opponent has a weakness, you hammer away at it as hard as possible to crush them, you don’t take it easy.

Have you not watched Marc race for the past decade? If the tables were turned, he would 100% push you as hard as possible if you had a recent injury and were a threat to him. So he could mentally defeat you and end you as a threat. That ruthlessness is why the man has 8 world titles.

It was Marc’s choice to show up to race with a broken arm, if his opponents use it against him that’s Marc’s problem not theirs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I think the top 3 were definitely faster and way out front, but I can't imagine true racers just moving off line. How would they even know where he was? No blue flags, no in helmet communication and no pit would just tell their guy to get out of the way and give up points when they were racing for position.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Miller went back passed him. Nice block pass into turn 1. Of course MM went back past in turn 2 and checked out, but Miller did give it a go.

track wagon, Phl218 and Senna like this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

you should probably get that short term memory checked out.