1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get that stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Apr 13, 2020.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Mine was $1020 and some change, I too was a little confused regarding the change. It was my understanding it was reduced by $5 per $100 over the 75k. Wasn’t expecting them to get down to actual cents as well.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

NEVER....let your ol lady check the mail. Nevah!

3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Wife and I just received $2400 on Wednesday. We made well over $150k for 2019 so apparently they are using 2018 tax returns to figure out who gets what..which is awesome for me!! Woo woo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Be careful. You may have to pay back I believe once they do your 2019 taxes.

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

You think? I’m pretty confused by the whole thing because we filed 2019 in early February and paid what we owed out of the same bank account that they put the money into....either way we’ll put the funds aside just to be Safe.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got it, stupid ass debit card but got it.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Paper for Checks was diverted for toilet paper production.

Newyork and pickled egg like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, except the toilet paper is worth more then the check. Horde the TP until next winter when they start this quarantine all over again and sell it at a profit.

Momentary rant: I could have used the debit card last week when my kid's travel team decided they wanted to change uniforms so we had to buy new ones. . . and a bunch of sideline gear that they are required to wear to the tournaments and while not playing (we drew the line at the team cleats and sneakers which became "optional" after a parents revolt) . Should have taken her road racing, would have been cheaper.

As for the card, Sam has it and I couldn't care less. :crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

That too

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

They use 2019 taxes unless they weren't filed yet...in that case they go back to 2018.

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

They've issued guidance that any loan under $2 million is automatically considered to be "necessary".

upload_2020-5-27_7-37-14.png

13. Quicktoy

So my original comment stands lol.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

For those of us who got the debit card, there is a $1000 per day limit for bank account transfers.

15. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Well f%ckin hell, they tell you if it's repaid by May 7th it's considered a safe harbor, so I give it back. Then they change it six days later to an amount being a safe harbor.
    Wish I hadn't read that.....fuck those assholes any way.
    I really didn't need $680,000. :(

16. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

our deposit on may 6 never happened, our “status” on the irs site says payment is scheduled to be mailed on 5/22, got a letter yesterday 5/26 saying a deposit was made on the 5/6. ???

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ahhhh........so glad to be out of that travel team crap.:D:D

18. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Not in all cases...I filed 2019 in early Feb and they still used 2018.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I shit you not, I debated even pasting that here for fear of you realizing what you'd done but then thought if it stops someone else from making the same mistake it's worth it.

I'm really sorry, dude. That being said, if you're in a position where you can regret returning $700K, you're more blessed than most so I think you'll be okay :beer:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What a total pain in the arse with the debit card. The bank had not seen one before I went it and trying to transfer the cash out to my account was dick pimple.

round one today, round two tomorrow.