1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires for street bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, May 18, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey, you're the one not actually putting out enough info to get answers not me, no need to get pissy :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Chapparal or Cyclegear both have a closeout section
    Not sure how prices compare but worth a look

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

this thread :crackup:

since he asked for local shops, i was gonna suggest mine, but i don't want to put my dudes through the wringer that Mongo is currently experiencing

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

After I butchered a tire's bead trying to install it, I searched for a lower cost option and found the below (which I consider to be a pretty good deal) at Revzilla of all places.

upload_2020-5-18_15-2-47.png

TurboBlew and Jon Wilkens like this.
  5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

No need to support anything you are not willing to suggest. :beer: But thanks for playing.

At least some have gotten the gist of what I am asking....thanks to Baconologist I have already found a suitable rear at a place I've never heard of...now to find the front if that is possible. WHICH is why I asked in the first place of other go-to places that I could search.

baconologist likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I would ask a local dealer first. Some good deals since they've figured out they must compete with online sellers.

TurboBlew and Jon Wilkens like this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I want the ones with a FRESH Build Date...not 3 or 4 yr old stock, whatever kind they are.

Last year I ordered a set of tires for one of the DualSport bikes..one of them was 4yrs old..it was from a "Reputable" seller.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  8. Jon Wilkens

I hear ya...sometimes you just never know and always a consideration when ordering on line.

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So who has the hook up for Shinko’s?
    I need 4x 705’s next week.
    2x 110/80R19
    2x 150/70R17
    The tubless radial version. Amazon is telling me not before the 28th

10. Jon Wilkens

Found what I needed with the awesome suggestions given. Sweet deal on a nice set of Bridgestone T31s Bring on the big summer trip out west!! Thanks Baconologist and SuddenBraking!!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. baconologist

where ya going?
    Kiddo mapped out a 7k loop to hit skateparks and the Pacific

12. Jon Wilkens

Just looked back at Chapparell....they have them in stock...not sure what they normally run though.

baconologist likes this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Got my 705's from RMATV delivered in two days, but I live 100 miles from their warehouse

baconologist likes this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

GA, TN, IL, IA, WI, MN, ND, SD, MT, ID, WA, WY, CO, AZ, KS, NE, MO, AR, AL...

I have a few places in each for target destinations, but everything in between is totally up for discussion. All backroads, no interstate, and camping for most part. Solo ride for most part also, but will be meeting up with people along the way.

15. baconologist

Looks like a great trip. If your up for a little gravel (maybe 10 miles then paved) look at the road from St Helena MT to Avery ID. Deep in the forrest and multiple campgrounds.
    Good campground on US 12 at Mobridge SD. Check out the 45*N x 90*W marker outside of Wausau WI. Watch you fuel burn out there. It can get long between stations. I put 4.8g in my Tiger at one point.
    We’re on a similar path.
    VA, KY, IN, IL, MO, IA, NE, WY, MT , ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM, TX, OK, TN

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  16. baconologist

They have a warehouse in KY?

17. Jon Wilkens

I'll make notes. THanks! I can get 175 on a tank if frugal...but have taken an extra gallon when riding out west before.

I am wanting to check off two more "furthest point" markers...I have the NE and SW done so far...

baconologist likes this.
  18. baconologist

Can you get to Pt Roberts right now?

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Shinkos...:rolleyes: :Puke:

:Pop:

turner38 likes this.
  20. baconologist

It aint a race bike!
    The rear will go 8k and a front 15k
    The 705 is a shockingly good wet tire for it’s price point.