CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Did a post Desert Storm trip with my brother to Crater Lake. Very cool place, especially in early May.

La Pine had a really nice state park and campground.

Also, that was my first exposure to “cool” police cars. Oregon troopers had black 5.0 LX Mustangs. :D

Damn that was a good trip.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oregon is friggin amazing. We spent a week there camping, hiking, rafting and climbing...never rained once. As a matter of fact if our Washington vacation fizzles this summer my son and I are talking about riding out there from Louisville. Gratuitous pic of my daughter on top of Mt. Charles...that's Crater Lake just to the right of her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mud Whistle and G 97 like this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ve been divorced for about 18 months or so. We have shared custody and no child support. Many of the things that you describe in your post as far as prioritizing the kids financially is how I’ve come to operate. Last summer we took a road trip, with stops along the way and the final destination being South Dakota. It was a stressful trip but I’m learning that I need to enjoy the moment instead of worrying about the small stuff.
    Enjoy the entire process of the trip, to include the planning. :beer:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Exactly, perhaps he’s needs to stay over at the new home for wayward dungeon children complaining about how unfair the mods are here while he alternates between whining about frenchie and assuring Dern’s little head is well lubed.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So that’s what it looks like when there isn’t 6 feet of snow around it. :D

EDIT - I’m not the best parent and I would have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night but they’re all closed because of Covid.

That said, it’s been my experience that married or divorced, half the battle (or more) to parenting is sincerely showing up. Raina seems happiest when I’m there (and I don’t mean physically) after that I honestly don’t think she cares if we are drawing with crayons or climbing a mountain.

I was looking forward to taking her to the Sachsenring, but I think that was more for me than her.

Fish on.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    scottn, rd400racer and Phl218 like this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

How does one disrespect a garden implement? This whole thread is confusing.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I can see you finding a way

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you seen the movie by the same name? Pretty funny.

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Solo? RTW? That's crazytown. No frickin' way, on any bike. WTF is wrong with people? :D

That's an hell of an adventure. That guy's mancard has been punched, in full.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Between K5 1000 getting banned until 2021 by Mongo and CausticYard repeatedly telling him to pound sand, Captain Save-A-Ho is building a nice track record for himself. I hope he keeps doing it. :D

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Onto the main topic at hand, (I know how dare I), I think a V-Strom fits the bill. Does a little bit of everything, fairly reliable, and budget friendly. Good for slogs down the asphalt, and some mild offroad capabilities.

13. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

CY, the trip sounds great. We did a family vacation in that area this past August. Flew in and out of Bend, drove to Lassen Volcanic NP then on to Redwood NP and then to Crater Lake NP. Crater was the highlight, but Lassen was a nice surprise. The road thru Lassen would be killer on a bike.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That is almost the exact same trip we did, along with a raft trip down the Snake River. You're right, Lassen was a great surprise. Did you all hike to the top of the volcano? That gravel getting up there was a beast!

15. fastfreddie

Hey, Papa!
    image.png

SuddenBraking and Robin172 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Oregon is a big place, with drastically different climate in different parts. There are places in Oregon that are not only drier than where you live, they are drier than huge sections of the planet.
    Even the wet places on the westside have typically less summer precipitation than the eastern seaboard. The Alvord desert often only sees a couple/few inches of rain, while the adjacent Steens mountain gets an average of 55".
    It also just so happens that there are tens of thousands of square miles of fantastic motorcyling lands east of the Cascades as well. The area in the NE quadrant of the state is simply epic for its rural beauty, nice people, and fantastic summertime weather.
    [​IMG]
    CY: You keep doing what you (and D'ern) are doing to raise your kids as you see fit, and disregard the occasional blowhard here. When and if you get close to a ride, and want some specific recommendations for Oregon, I would be happy to provide. I spent 3 long field seasons as a young adult in John Day country, and every time I go back, it does nothing but give.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

How are the winters in that NE quadrant?

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The coast of Oregon is breathtakingly beautiful. I have seen a pretty good cross section of this planet, and it ranks near the top.

20. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Wait.... what? What did I do? I'm innocent, I tell ya!