1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The one that got away...favorite bike that is!

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, Apr 26, 2020.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I was able to get the BT090 through 2007 (I think), but getting that 17" wheel allowed me to simplify my tires and run my takeoffs on my supermoto. I still think that Supercorsa is the best tire, especially for damper rod forks.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I put a 750 Katana 4.5-17 rear wheel on my 400 back in 95 I think and never looked back. And that Katana wheel was so close to the 400 front's design you would have thought it was OE

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I had a pristine 1000R Ninja. I was flying out of town and in a hurry and asked my best friend to put it in the garage, after he dropped me off at the airport. Well he got home and said he wanted to wait for his girlfriend to help him make sure he didn't drop it. It gets stolen that night.

When I get back home it is recovered, but it now has some scratches and a chip on the tank when they broke the lock. I had to sell it, because it wasn't nice anymore. LOL

4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

USracer900 likes this.
  5. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I bought my F2 from someone in Kentucky, met up in Atlanta to pick it up. Worth a call or email to current owner to see if he's up for a road trip....

7. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

The one that got away for me...

[​IMG]

Been wanting one for years but they're obscenely rare, only 25 made. Knew about one coming up for auction and was raring to go, but it wound up getting sold without going to auction. Looking to just get a Vyrus now instead.

motion and trussdude like this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

1996 {new} Polished frame CBR900RR Smokin Joes 900rr smokin joes.jpg
    Only reason it got away is that I'm pretty sure Chicago police had something to do with it being stolen.

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

9DCBBEA0-9B1A-441A-927B-ED1DF9D8789B.png I will forever miss my favorite little thumper, an Italian ballerina. 2007 Husqvarna SM510 with the MV Augusta stamped frame along with a 530 top end kit and Akra exhaust. When she blew up the cost of a replacement motor was more than the bike was worth. :(

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  10. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Miss both my Rc51's. First was a 2001/2 build I did for my first race bike. 2nd was because i missed the first and had more $$ to spend on it. Wish I had them both still.

Attached Files:

11. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Phil, that's bike you were racing when I met you my novice year! good times back then for sure.

pscook likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Looks like he stored it in the bottom of a lake.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I had a 2003 R6, sold it in 2011 or so, and very much regretted it.....

......snapped up my current 2nd-gen in 2012, have thrown a lot to get it perfect, and am pretty sure it will be buried with me.

[​IMG]

14. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Those RC51's are bad ass. I know that doesn't help.

2001 TLR 1000 for me.

15. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

wish Id kept my OWO1

16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I wish I still had the 1986 Ducati 750 F1. It handled very well for the day but it was also a very good bike. If I had it now I would be racing it in WERA vintage. This is the one that got away.

Also I wish I still had the 1972 Ducati 750 GT. It was rough but rare and very cool. The 1979 Ducati 900ss I had was not as good as the F1 but like BSA43 said the sound they made was great.

Some of my best memories were of a 1974 TS250 Suzuki. I road that thing everywhere street or dirt when I was in high school.

The 1971 500 H1 was fun and I wish I still had it. The early H1s were styled like British bikes and looked good. The front brakes were ornamental.

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Mother of God....

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Nice bike Scudder. She ran good at that last WERA Concourse event, right up until the wheel bearing failed on the last lap, chain came off.....I was bummed. That Chassis is very interesting.....Mono-shock on what year? Early 80's?

Sounds like Ron's got her all fixed up. He put those spoke wheels back on it.

That is quite the history you have with that bike.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's a special place in hell for anyone who's owned a OW01 or RC30 and sold it for any reason other than unemployment, mortgage down payment, surgery/life-saving treatment and maybe, just maybe putting a kid through school. :D

Which category do you belong in?

scottn likes this.
  20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Sold my mint 01 RC (minus the Ohlins forks) to my brother over the winter. Within a month he had a small crash on the left side and beat up can and killed one of the Sato rearsets.

A few weeks later he knocked something over in his garage and put a nice big paint chip in the tank.

I had that bike for 19 years and it never even tipped over. He fucked it up in a few weeks.

FB_IMG_1588014473894.jpg

KrooklynSV, DmanSlam and trussdude like this.