Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Working on this R3 for my daughter to start track day riding.

Attached Files:

Sabre699, ducnut and Wingnut like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Finished up an oil and air filter change on the 1000. Also popped out the spring in the CCT and replaced with a fresh one as they tend to sack out over time. So she's good for a spin around the neighborhood whenever I get bored.

I'm feeling like I need a change w/ my track bike though. I've had this 600 since 2011. All this isolating crap makes me itching to impulse purchase something else.

3. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

With my commercial jobs stuck in planning-board-purgatory, the 5-O shutting down my non-essential residential projects and no tracktime available I've had the time to attack my furniture fetish; made this from a Duc engine with a melted big-end bearing...
    https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/2818241/sites-p2

Attached Files:

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

That is very cool. Nicely done.

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

When I bought this house last year it had a ton of old farmhouse wood up in the rafters of the garage. I got it all down and have been going through it and making stuff out of the decent lumber. A lot of it was rotted out, all of it was twisted up, but it has been a ton of fun to work with. Going to make a table to put my 1950's mini fridge on tomorrow and allow storage underneath it. Tailgate from a '72 F250 that someone was going to throw out and some old skateboard decks for the bench. Bunch of random stuff for the radio flyer including soap box car wheels from the '30s. The stool turned out perfect for the workbenches. Did rotors, calipers and pads on my F250 a couple weeks ago and used the old rotors for the base.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That is really fucking cool.

Chris likes this.
  7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

sticker shock much? :Poke:

Chris likes this.
  8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Not bike or car related; but I’m catching up on some woodworking projects I’ve been wanting to do. A couple wall mounted jewelry cases (1 in purpleheart, 1 in padauk), a hat rack for my son, and a small keepsake box for my wife.

F27B2FE8-60E9-4EA1-AAFE-B1A8B19BC2F7.jpeg 746889CC-EC93-4944-B21A-4A7F183E8F1A.jpeg 57741916-15D5-4A7E-A4D3-09252060DD58.jpeg

EAAC9B7B-3C7D-429C-9846-C98CEDE70557.jpeg

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm in Pikeville, I'll be there in about 3 hours...

rd400racer likes this.
  11. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

rd400, that's a clean workbench. Both of mine look like crap.

Am curious to know which bottle of liquor provided you the most inspiration for that fine wiring job to the (still?) uncovered electrical outlet? Just messin' with ya, man. I have a hose bib near one of my outlet. My placement/design. Bad things will happen if it starts spraying. :crackup:

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Actually my cousin did it because I'm the worst electrician on the planet. I figured it's the garage...don't need anything fancy:D

13. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Okay @rd400racer. I won't judge. Just observing. *thumbs up* Haha.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You're metalhead's cousin?

rd400racer and Robin172 like this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You fucker !! :bow: :beer:

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My “tired of moving TRS frames around shop, what can I make out of scrap I have” project this past week.

07529002-6065-4307-8F55-11A2228504A8.jpeg

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Garage-related Q: if you were going to build a very large garage (50x50x16), would you go with wood or steel framing? What is the cost difference between the two?

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

If it is a street bike it is usually time to refresh the forks if they leak. Just because they ain't leaking doesn't mean you don't need to service them.

DmanSlam likes this.
  19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Clay bar, compound and polish, redid the Plasti Dip on the grill and badges and Dr. Color Chip for the rock chips. . .and since I got nothing but time right now. . .hand scrubbed the weather tech floor mats when doing the interior refresh. . .:crackup:.

Also got some Fast Frank stuff installed on the track bike this week and next week, new calipers going on it, new headlight housings for the truck, can seal the truck after the wait period for the paint and will probably throw some love to the RC51 as well . . .shockingly enough, I'll set 3 alarms to wake up in time for a 8:00am conference call but no alarms needed to do this shit. . .:D :beer:

IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg

Triple X, YamahaRick and cpettit like this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Love that 1910!

rd400racer likes this.