1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It your prerogative to call bullshit on anything you want, just keep researching data, lords know you have plenty of time on your hands. I actually have to work the problem and healthcare doesn't have the luxury of under reacting, also, I'm actually on record on one of these silly threads that our Florida numbers look like they may trending down by the way. :beer:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

3. sdg

sdg *

Yeah funny guy. I know at least 10 people who all had the specific main symptom who have never had anything like it before. I myself had a chest x-ray Jan 3 because I couldn't fucking breath.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You typed spreading faster. I don't know what you meant. I know what you typed. You call it semantics, I call it precision. Don't hamstring your point with sloppy execution. Where is that owl video?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like you're still a little short. :)

sdg likes this.
  6. sdg

sdg *

Damn it

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad someone is still getting a paycheck.

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Confirmed in January, meaning tested positive because we actually tested for it. Plenty of physicians(that I know) think it has been here back into last fall. We know China lied about it for weeks. And I don't know the number of people that travel from Wuhan to the US weekly, but it's probably a damn boatload. Bottom line, been here a long time.

9. sdg

sdg *

Finally.

10. Well, it all depends on how you think of “faster”.

If 2 people have it today, then the next day 4, then 8, then 16, so on and so forth. At some point the number of infected people will go up by thousands every day. So one could say it is spreading faster...as in it is reaching more and more people every day.

I know the point you are making. The rate of infection is staying the same.

I quoted a guy who posted the numbers of infected people over time, how the numbers are growing faster, and said it went from 500k to 1.2mil in just one week.

I didn’t take the time or feel the need to use a thesaurus when making that post, I was sure it was obvious what was meant by that.

I will keep a thesaurus open in another tab for future use.

11. That is speculation, which is fine. Half of the shit in this thread is speculation.

I was talking about what we (the CDC) actually KNOWS...and claim as fact. Hence my use of the word “confirmed”.

12. sdg

sdg *

The CDC doesn't know shit. Don't give me that. Politics.

And if they did, you expect them to say any different than the party line?! Naivety.

speeddaddy likes this.
  13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Well, the head of CDC did say in the last couple of days that he doesn't think anywhere close to 100-200k people in the US are going to die. So finally, the head of the CDC is agreeing with most of America.

galloway840, baconologist and sdg like this.
  14. Oh lawd. :rolleyes:

If there is one thing that has been consistent throughout this thread, any org or stat that someone doesn’t agree with is bullshit.

But if the stat or org fits their agenda/opinion, then it must be taken as fact.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't remember the CDC head saying anything otherwise. In fact the dude stayed out of the news and press and did his job instead of playing to the cameras.

galloway840 likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I think of it with the only meaning it has. Accelerated. And so do you. Just concede the point and type more prevalent instead of faster. No thesaurus needed. Faster is categorically wrong, misleading, and not what you meant. You might find it persnickity, lob out semantics and whatnot, but I find as much precision and clarity in thinking and communicating at times like this helpful.

17. No. :moon:

You ain’t the boss of me.

:D

Sabre699 and Yzasserina like this.
  18. Has anyone had issues traveling from state to state?

I had heard Florida was kinda being dickheads about it, but I didn’t realize it was such a thing.

One of my dad's friends lives in MS, and had to get to southern TX to get to the heliport. He got hassled the whole way.

He had the company send him a letter stating he was traveling for business purposes, and he said that’s the only thing that “saved him”.

He got pulled over twice in Louisiana and 3x in Texas, and the only thing he did “wrong” was having an out-of-state tag.

He said one of the Troopers in TX was a sure enough dickhead. He said “he hassled me for 40min and did everything but fucking cavity search me before finally letting me go”.

galloway840 likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Please, if you will, give us their names and affiliations. Because such a claim goes against all supporting evidence of the origin and epidemiology of the pathogen, it would be good to know who these these "novel" thinkers are.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And then we sent it to China, via 4G?....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.