1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I can’t pretend to know Tennessee’s situation but depending on the size of the facility it can be a huge deal, we’re formerly about a 700 bed facility but the current model of all singles and suites with a 240,000 ft expansion puts us around 635. We have about 25-30 COVID-19 inpatients now and that is trendy up quickly. This has been a major deal, We’re currently Implementing our tier 2 plan to convert our next floor to a ward for the influx. These changes are wholesale construction alterations to spaces not designed for this paired with HVAC changes followed by necessary tab (air flow/pressure testing & balance)

Other patients are being displaced to areas not modeled for their illness.

The trend on the beeb is to blow this all off as the flu and as a overreaction and I get that but depending on where your situation is currently in your area and whether you’re in healthcare or not greatly influences the reality.

Monsterdood likes this.
  2. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

I was wondering about that; people talk about how many thousands of beds are available in any given facility, but at the same time the news keeps mentioning ICU beds. ICU beds aren't general ward beds, and are much harder to increase in number ...

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

NC dept health lists the number of both on our covid website. Still got hundreds of empty ICU beds and well over a thousand others.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Because the majority of beebsters aren’t living in squalor or in 500 unit apartment buildings situated 16’ from the next 500 unit apartment building.

For the overwhelming majority of us, whose lifestyles already adhered to “social distancing” (and I fucking hate these newspeak phrasings) this is a complete overreaction.

G 97 likes this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There are seldom many ICU beds empty around here anytime of the year.

6. pickled egg

Sounds like a systemic problem local to you.

Why should your locality’s failure to adequate prepare for capacity increases cause global economic destruction?

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Amen on the newspeak.

The best part of the overreaction is when it's over, they won't be standing up and apologizing for wrecking millions of people's lives for nothing. No, they'll be grandstanding about how the unprecedented actions they took saved us all.

Til this fall, and next spring, and the fall after that.

We have a new friend to add to flu season. Are we going to shut the world down for it every damn year?

speeddaddy likes this.
  8. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

It is interesting that at the end of the article, after breaking down the differences between actual and projected hospitalizations, they include the following:

"Notably, the IHME model’s current projections of COVID-19 deaths as of April 2 is in line with the actual number of reported deaths on that date."

I wonder if people are avoiding hospitalization out of fear, to a greater extent than the model has predicted.

9. lizard84

The majority of the affected aren’t living in squalor or in 500 unit apartment buildings situated 16’ from the next 500 unit apartment in Florida either.

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up.

Is it your goal that not enough people are dying ?

Or is it not enough people gasping for air that need a ventilator?

Being over staffed and over supplied is a GREAT thing.

Keep in mind the numbers and projections that government and experts have supplied says we are not at the apex of growth yet.

Rural areas will be another month from now.

The flip side of the coin is not pretty if you fuck around with this.

younglion and SpeedyE like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. pickled egg

And you wonder why no one takes you or the rest of the Chicken Little hair-on-fire crowd seriously...

13. pickled egg

And your ICU beds are overrun and people are dying in the streets?

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Fonda Dix likes this.
  15. lizard84

I get it, you’re a miserable fuck, go sell that shit somewhere else, I am all full.

tony 340 likes this.
  16. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Because they make their money from elective surgeries, and since those are on hold office and clerical personnel will get laid off if this continues. What's going on is a crisis for all of the hospitals in more ways than just too many sick patients and short supply of PPE. I think it's easy to assume that health care providers aren't affected because look at all of the business they are getting, but it's very possible some of them won't survive this. The economy has to be reopened soon or this country is going to experience a depression that will make the 1930's look like good times.

baconologist likes this.
  17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Is everyone in NYC supposed to just up and move to corn fields in the middle of Nebraska or something ?

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A month since the first case in NC we have 259 in hospital out of 2,093 cases.

19. Venom51

Why would they? It's a wonderful place, full of enlightenment and the rest of the country should try to be more like them. That's at least the bullshit that gets spewed out of that place. Not enough fucking money on the planet to make me live like that.

tony 340 and Steeltoe like this.
  20. Venom51

Clearly everyone in the state is already dead. Keep your tacticool wits about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.