1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Mar 28, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He broke his little toe and bruised his ass. That’s all.

2. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

here's a fun behind the scenes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

What's the display on that, like 4"? I think my D90 is 2.5", and I can't really see well enough to tell if I'm in focus.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

geez.. i have no idea. it's a canon 5d2 that i no longer own

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You missed a whole bunch of fun further north. :)

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Dude....I had a weeks vacation. Made it there in 2 1/2 days, but coming back it was really hard to stay awake. Couldn't have gone farther and made it back. To be fair, I was 2-up with a buddy. No that didn't make it easier. Really bad pic, but you can get
    an idea how cramped it was. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Truly was the most epic trip though.
    Leaving.jpg

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That would have been fun, we had some sections like that in the Yukon. In one area for several miles there would be sections of pavement removed and base laid down. Went over the first one slow, but it had been rolled and was firm. Didn't slow down as much for the next one, it was good too, about the 5th or 6th one i'm doing 60 and figure it's the same. It hadn't been rolled, I'm putting a nice rut in it and the bike keeps moving left as I slow down, and I don't dare make any big corrections for fear of tucking the front on a loaded bike. Slowed down for the rest of them. :D

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Memories for a lifetime in one week. Gotta love that!

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

The first 10 miles north from Kitwanga was paved, and we came around a corner to find non graded construction gravel. We about fell over 20 times in the first mile, plowing along at slow speed. Finally I got fed up and figured I'd try speeding up. The faster we went, the more stable it was. We cruised at 70-90mph for a long ways, until we came to a sharp corner turning onto a bridge. Just about didn't make it. Then we came to the scene below. SIX MILES of this. There were long stretches where one of us would have to get off the back and push, as the bike kept sinking into the ruts. It was crazy and awesome all in one trip.
    Alaska 830068.jpg

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

white.jpg christthe rediemer.jpg thai.jpg fog.jpg christthe rediemer.jpg christthe rediemer.jpg A couple

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Montoya, j cal, Ra.Ge. Raptor and 5 others like this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

So were you IN the water when you took that?

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

14. Captain Morgan

El jefe chica

grande.jpg

15. Captain Morgan

mex.jpg

Have lots more pics but they are in all different formats and can't format????, if you ever want something exciting, white sharks for 3 days in submersible cages off Mexico!!!!! Probably saw 20 different sharks in the 3 full days down.

16. Captain Morgan

L coconut.jpg coconut retriever.jpg

Last month, little corn Island Nicaragua, no cars, no stop lights, island is run on a generator that is shut off from 6 am to around 1 pm every day, weird when you get used to it, difficult to get there, but off the grid compared to the rest of the Caribbean

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Santa Sca and his evil elf Spitfire IMG_5175.jpg

David-imoddavid and bwhip like this.
  18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Uh....Imma gonna take a pass on that one.

19. Captain Morgan

your missing out, going to do tiger beach in the next 2 years(travel restrictions?) before they ban it, only a matter of time

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I've never considered myself chickenshit, but certain fish freak me out. Was diving on a wreck in the Virgin Islands, and come out to see 2 huge Barracuda coming right at me. All I could think of was the nice shiny regulator in my mouth.