Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Brought the best economy in the history of the world to it's knees in a month. Wanna rethink that?
    This isn't about death. It's about leverage.

cav115, tony 340, Britt and 1 other person like this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The virus didn't do the damage, the fear of the virus did.

cav115, baconologist and speeddaddy like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IF that was the objective (not saying it was) the results have been spectacular.

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

This shit is far from over.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I doubt it was an intentional release upon the population. Could it be bio-weapon that was still in development? Sure.

The more likely is one of the two following scenarios

1) an infected test animal that was meant to be destroyed was snuck out and sold at the wet market illegally for some spare cash. It's happened before (and they were caught) and will likely continue to happen, especially now that the wet markets are re-opening.

2) a sloppy researcher went and got themselves infected while working on this crap, went out to lunch and poof, there you go.

The vid I posted goes into more detail, but many feel that she is/was "patient zero". This woman was researching coronaviruses in bats @ the facility.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/did-covid-19...rumours-claim-1st-patient-had-links-lab-39522

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    casjoker likes this.
  6. Define “push back”.

What are the “American people” going to do to make things better?

You going to find the owners of shops, restaurants, etc, put a gun to their head and tell them to “open up their business again or else”?

Going to aimlessly drive and/or walk around town, maybe go around hugging random strangers to fight back against the social distancing?

It’s ok to sit around saying/typing “we won’t stand for this!” and “we are going to revolt” so on and so forth.

But what are you actually going to do to make a tangible difference?

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Man, I’m getting dizzy just imagining how great things will be when I get that extra dollar in the mail.

:D

8. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Anybody who is curious about the math behind epidemiological modeling, Numberphile and Numberphile2 channels on YT have some good vids.

9. Im just playing ketchup. :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Number 2 is plausible. Now explain to me how the entire world is dealing with this and Wuhan is up and running and better yet, Beijing doesn't have a single death from CV-19. Not one. We are worried about an overtaxed hospital system and a city in the originating country had zero deaths?
    And this wasn't intentional? Wanna buy a bridge? It's to Manhattan and severely discounted in light of current events.

11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Several clients having us hit up Costco and pharmacies for them. Emailed a list and we do the shopping for them.
    Several other clients needing to get family from Santa Barbara and LA back to La Jolla.
    One trip to Blythe to pickup a new puppy for a Rancho Santa Fe couple.

Other than that I've spent last 3 weeks taking cancellation calls. $3500 in future bookings for the rest of the year o_O

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Simple explanation, the CCP is lying through their teeth.....same as they were from the very beginning when the hid the truth about the virus for a month and a 1/2. Whether it happens through leaks or through just an inability to keep a lid on the truth any longer, the real (or at least something approaching real) bodycount will be unveiled. It's starting already slowly.

Chinese netizens are reporting the number is likely closer to around 45,000 dead in Wuhan thus far based on the high amount of cremated remains that are being distributed everyday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuh...vernment-coronavirus-death-toll-is-low-2020-3
    https://nationalpost.com/news/world...rompt-questions-of-chinas-pandemic-death-toll

FYI, Beijing is actually reporting a whopping 8 deaths and 580 cases. My small little county in northern NJ has 3 times the cases and twice the deaths :rolleyes:

Phl218 likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

China will stop at nothing to dominate the world. I don’t discount anything.

lrrs517 likes this.
  14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

15. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Wasn't it just last week the MS Governeor made a big deal out of announcing he would override any Mayor in the State who dared to lockdown their city?

19. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

This happened on MSNBC almost a month ago https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...five_divided_by_three_equals_one_million.html

Fonda Dix likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.