1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin Charged with sex abuse - acquitted and found NOT guilty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Might as well. The trial won't be for a while, I'd guess.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did you want more pitchforks, burning effigies and 3 ft screwdrivers?

3. Johnny B

This raises an interesting question. While innocent until proven guilty is solidly embedded in the American court system, we're talking about Australia here. Is there anything about their legal system that differs from ours?
    (For example, in Italy the prosecution was able to appeal Amanda Knox's acquittal.)

4. Johnny B

?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Considering the country was colonized with criminals, they may start issuing currency with his face on it...

R1M370, 418 and L8RSK8R like this.
  6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The sausage king of Chicago!

Knotcher, G8rDuc and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Nope the same as here. Australia's system is based on the UK's, innocent until proven guilty and judged by a jury of your peers. Isn't the US system based on the UK one as well, a hold over from colonial days?

8. Johnny B

$250.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So a battery that wasn't exactly illegal gets 250 fine? Chickenshit and by someone that thought they had to suck up to the factory teams.

10. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I was at White Tip Motorsports at the time and remember that motor being built. My boss, kind of a dumbass, chucked up the valves in a drill press and spun them holding red scotchbrite on them. I asked him why he was doing it and he said he liked the way it looked. Chuck killing it at that race had nothing to do with that engine but it was just dumb polishing those valves. This is the same guy that asked Jason Disalvo’s mechanic how he adjusted valves on his RS250.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Slap yourself.

Raging inferno likes this.
  12. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

I think the presumption of innocence is from English Common Law but predates that by quite a bit.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Eff that just go violate their social distancing limits and cough in their general direction. We’re living in different times, ok boomer?

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Australia has an English based legal system and have the presumption of innocence. Unlike with ze Germans where such protection is inexistant.

15. pixie adair

pixie adair Member

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Whenever I read or hear about this topic, I'm reminded of a PM that I worked with who had a "relationship" with his step daughter, starting when she was 12 until she was 18. His defense was that "she had been in a physical relationship with other father figures in her life, so it's not like I started it."

That dirty piece of shit spent 12 months (one day less than a year) in County lockup. Plead his case to a gross misdemeanor (really fucking gross) to avoid a felony indictment and go to the big house.

I am a big fan of rehabilitation for those who accept responsibility for their actions and seek to redeem themselves in the eyes of society. However, fuck a dirty piece of shit who does this because I don't believe that taking advantage of a position of power is redeemable and these people need to be isolated from public society.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I wanted a different thread. Because when more news about the main story here become available, the thread will go back there and all the cool stories in the middle will fade into oblivion.

Fonda Dix, 418, bigtime and 2 others like this.
  18. Johnny B

Russ said that Muzzy paid a $500 fine for the same thing at Daytona that year.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahhhh

You have mod powers....you can join threads together, can't you split em apart as well, or do you need to return to the Jedi temple to work on that skill set.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm a moderator, I ain't Moses.

Steeltoe, Pixelator and Quicktoy like this.