1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

She has "some" talent for music but more of a persona, similar to Lady Gaga in my opinion.

Overall, I'd rather listen to Smashmouth "All Star" on repeat...

2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Chumbawamba. All day! On repeat.

Bloodhound likes this.
  3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hahahahahaha,,,Yo, Yo, Yo....I'm The Man!!!

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I got your back @motion! :) I was pretty impressed with the fact they did the grammy winning album in her brother's bedroom with a $200 app and some home studio hobby equipment. I watched the James Corden segment with them and it was cool to hear them talk about the music theory in how they compose. Sounded like they knew their stuff. So yeah, good albums and interested to see what they come up with in the future.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Her voice is almost as good as Bob Dylan's.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Her voicing is based on how it sounds to hear someone eat (ASMR) https://www.foodrepublic.com/2017/09/11/whats-deal-asmr-food-videos/ Same shit of videos on youtube of people slurrping noodles.
    It's pleasurable.

Her voice is fantastic, Finneas is a wee genius, they both are.

Parents are the real smart ones, understood their kids had shit loadsa talent, and nurtured it.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@motion. No. Just no.

A new 5Finger Death Punch album was released. So that’s putting new flavor in my ears right now.

I have no time for this green haired shit. Same with Lizzo. She’s another Lady Gaga wanna be that’s trying to make being morbidly obese acceptable on top of her less than mediocre “talent”.

And my almost 10 year old loves 5FDP, Shinedown, Ozzy thank God.

Bob Dylan is right there with Nesba. They both suck.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Old Ozzy, hell yeah. Anything after BatM, fuck that in its ear. :moon:

Gauging from the girls’ reaction to “Caught in a Mosh”, Anthrax isn’t going to be a big hit with them. Just had to, so a little “Sargent D and the S.O.D.” played as well, to similar indifference.

Bet they’d have been screaming and bouncing around like meth heads if I put on Katy Perry. :/

9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Alright. I went through some youtube and it seemed as though she uses some sort of tuner on her voice in several songs that get radio play in my area (Rough Guy, Bury a Friend). I personally don't care for that sound. In "Everything I Wanted" her voice sounds cleaner (and she actually sings) so I kind of liked that.

That said, I really do enjoy Lourde "Pure Heroine" often in my music rotation. Different styles I know but I cringe whenever I hear rappers use auto tune as well. If the voice isn't clean (except Al Jourgenson springs to mind) I really don't care for it.

10. StaccatoFan

Bark at the Moon was Junior High for me and when I really discovered Ozzy.

I actually like a lot of his stuff throughout his entire history...Sabbath all the way til now.

We do a duet of "Momma I'm Comin' Home" if it pops up on my playlist in the car. Never to be recorded....his voice is way better than mine.

11. pickled egg

I look back on the 80’s and the hair band ballads as the pinnacle of all things that sucked. Even worse than Billy Eyelash here. :moon:

12. StaccatoFan

It was just an example because Ozzy was the topic. Not ballads specifically.
    I like it when bands switch up and show their musicianship by doing different things.

I like how Death Punch does covers in their albums. Their renditions of "Bad Company" and "House of the Rising Sun"
    are damned near better than the originals to me. They also may bring in new listeners to their music because all of a sudden
    their not just "noise"....explore their catalogue of music and say, "Hey...these guys are fuckin' good!"

Like Metallica...not every song can be Master of Puppets. I loved their Symphony and Metallica album because it
    put a whole new spin on their music and musical abilities. Uppity snobs had to recognize their talent with them playing
    with a symphony orchestra.

AC/DC....Used to love them...and they'll always have a place for me...but that place has gotten smaller. I haven't bought one of
    their albums in over 25 years...because every fucking song since "Thunderstruck" sounds exactly the same. My favorite song
    of theirs may be "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" because of the opening. I can hear Brian Johnson taking a drag on his
    cigarette and exhaling...like their just a bunch of guys in the studio about to have a good time. After "Back in Black"...it's all
    Meh.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Her latest single is entitled "No Time to Dye"

[​IMG]

14. StaccatoFan

Chaos.....it's truly a sad day because I have to admit this:

I'd rather listen to RUSH than Billy Eyelash.

Yes....Yes....I know...I said it. Guilty as charged.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Steeltoe, R Acree and cha0s#242 like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Many of you are now on my freshly-updated ignore list.

pscook likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

I'm WAY more than fine with that.

I just listened to 10 seconds of her "Everything I wanted" video on Y-Tube and it fucking SUCKS!

IF I wanted to listen to a narcissist, self-entitled little brat whine, I'd have stayed married.

I'd rather listen to Geddy Lee try to sing opera.

And why the fuck didn't her parents slap her when she got home from Hot Topic in that getup.

CRA_Fizzer and speeddaddy like this.
  17. pickled egg

Shit. I can’t hate her anymore.

She’s a Rossi fan.

Monsterdood and motion like this.
  18. pickled egg

Why will Motörhead always rule?

Because none of them ever looked like this.

[​IMG]

19. 418

418 Expert #59

She sounds like a dying cat and tries way too hard to be "cool" in whatever the fuck that genre. What a douchebag.

Horrible shit. Ya'll just kill yourselves.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. pickled egg

What sucked about the 80’s?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.