1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin Charged with sex abuse - acquitted and found NOT guilty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Mar 25, 2020.

1. sdg

sdg *

Well, if you can't even stick to a single story...

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'll toss this into the fire...Riders show up to ride whatever the team builds and shows up with to race, any team at the very pointy end of the stick, that says they didn't bend the rules is lying.

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Wasn't one of the Suzuki trainers found out to be a pedophile a long time ago? Was he involved with Mladin?

4. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I don't know, Janet Reno made a career of it...

969 likes this.
  5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Always seemed like a pro to me.

Many of my racing friends started following pro racing in 2009. Weird.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Anybody remember the "Anyone but Mladin" shirts some guy had done at an AMA final race ? I saw them on the TV coverage back in the day.

casjoker, CRA_Fizzer and Elbowz11 like this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Guy had the personality of a pile of dog shit, but could ride a superbike like not many could. If this is true though, then he should fry. I have a zero tolerance for crimes against children especially the violent or sexual type. That's not something you can rehabilitate in a jail cell, that's something you just get rid of permanently.

Newyork, borislav, DrA5 and 1 other person like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah it was Kent. I’ve forgotten his last name but Mladin started posting on here and Kent got after him a bit. It was pretty funny. IIRC his name was incorrectly spelled using two “T”s

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't remember reading that before with that level of detail. Edmondson has definitely gotten a bad rap on many of his decisions with AMA, but I like how he stood up against Yosh regarding the cheating scandal.

For those that know, what was the benefit of this crank? Did it weigh less, have a special finish to slide through oil better, knife edged, weighted differently to help with power?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why are you always such a fucking asshole????

Maybe you should go play with 3 ft screwdrivers and Fiat 500's and leave the big boys alone over here?

MGM, crashman, R1Racer99 and 6 others like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Practice...tradition...

crashman, noles19 and Sabre699 like this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

If you’re insinuating that Ben is making excuses for any time he lost to Mat, that’s pretty fuckin dumb. Pretty sure only one of them is a world champion and had a seat in MotoGP. I highly doubt Ben has any insecurities about any losses to Mat. And I’d be willing to bet Ben knows Mat better than anyone on this board.

DrA5 and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All I care about is getting Ben on the Joe Rogan podcast and I'll keep blasting Joe and Tim Ferris till it happens. You lazy fks could help once in a while.

14. sdg

sdg *

I thought it was reliability?

EDIT: http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/09-gsxr1000-cranks-fail.268915/page-8

more: https://www.roadracingworld.com/new...dge-may-have-doomed-mladin-crankshaft-appeal/

AND: https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/ama-pro-racing-states-its-case-against-mladin-tommy-hayden/

And, I just gotta say I LOVE RRW. Thanks Mr. Ulrich

Pixelator likes this.
  15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Who else was popped for crank cheating, Erion/Hayes, DuHamel maybe? I can't remember and I'd like to know the performance advantage as well.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Everybody knows that Ben had an unfair advantage every time he raced. He was a better rider than everyone else, and that's pretty much cheating. ;)

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

That would be pretty cool but also get Colin Edwards on the same show.

Pixelator likes this.
  18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

The only reason I hope this is all untrue is because I hate to think about one more child being subjected to abuse.

I've talked about it here a few times with my experiences of being a foster/adoptive father to two girls that went through systematic and prolonged sexual abuse from their own biological fathers. The stuff that my girls have gone through and still struggle to deal with is just unbelievable.

Just thinking about this gets to me. Fuck, I gotta go.......

lazlo, blkduc, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Life long achievement.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You're a good man for taking them in.

stk0308, Newyork, Pixelator and 5 others like this.