1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

2. It wouldn’t surprise me.

I’ve always thought it was silly when people were like “it’s not spreading more, it’s just that more people are getting tested”.

That doesn’t make any sense.

The people weren’t born with it. And it didn’t originate in Wuhan, then instantaneously infect tons of people all over the globe.

The reason more people are being infected, is because it is still spreading.

Yes, they are testing more. Which means we have more confirmed cases. But those people all originally got it somehow...which means it is still spreading.

The numbers are just lagging behind because of the delays/reluctance to test everyone. By the time someone tests positive, they’ve probably already had it 2 weeks...which means they have likely spread it to several others.

A guy on one of our rigs tested positive, and now (10 days after he tested positive), another guy that shared the helicopter with him has tested positive.

G 97 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is the act itself of just posting a political persons name, actually being political?

4. Bruh.

Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I was gonna say, he needs to be banned just for using "whilst"

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Well we say this about all old people down here in the retirement capital of the world. So he wasn’t just singling her out lol.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

FWIW, Dr Birx said today it has basically stayed the same, which she said is good as the vaccine will cover it better..

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

First hand account from a couple I know well. Both are young and healthy (mid-late 30's/early 40's):

Day 10 in quarantine...
    I questioned whether or not to post anything that my family has been going through but I figured there's just not a lot of information right now and I might be able to help some people out. Jerry and I are both POSITIVE for covid 19, it's here, in Jupiter, and this virus is no joke! I started getting sick on March 15th, started with a bad headache and body chills. By Monday I was beyond miserable.. fever, body aches, dry cough, knife shooting pain in my back, kidney pain, night sweats, chills, no taste or smell.. went to hospital and treated negative for the flu. They wouldn't test me for the virus because I haven't been on a cruise or been out of the country recently. They told me I probably had it and to go home and self quarantine. By Tuesday, Jerry had the exact same symptoms and ended up at VA hospital where they did test him. We laid in bed for 7 days struggling, crying, miserable in pain. The worst part of it all is still having to take care of the boys. Hospital said they really aren't concerned with them catching it and to just keep them home with us. Finally, results came back positive, which we weren't surprised. I went back to hospital yesterday with trouble breathing, feels like I'm breathing out of a balloon, with a nonstop dry cough. The virus is so hard on the lungs, no wonder this is so hard for the elderly or someone already sick. I was confirmed to be positive as well and we were given zpacks, inhalers, and other meds. We're taking lots of vitamin c and drinking warm teas and trying to stay hydrated. I see all these jokes about having to be home right now but I promise you do not want this virus. It has been the hardest thing we have ever gone through, spending 22 hours a day in bed in so much pain and discomfort. Stay home, stay safe❤ And a huge thank you to all of my friends and family that have kept me going this week, I appreciate you all so much!!!!! ❤

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, at some point soon they need to start expanding the testing to include blood tests for COVID-19 antibodies so they can figure out whose had it already and recovered and don't need to continue social distancing anymore....not just the nose and throat swabs to tell you whether or not you're infected right at that moment. Especially if as they are claiming 70-something% are light to asymptomatic cases. Could be alot more recovered and immune people out there that don't need to isolate anymore.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and scottn like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When it's an opinion, absolutely. Or else you'll have to be very specific to get away with it.
    Here's a game you and quicktoy can play. One of you post that Donald Trump has built a number of large buildings in New York City. The other post that he is a great president. Let's see which one of you two makes it to the end of the day here. :D
    Right, he just happened to say that about a high-profile Congresswoman. This is even weaker than when you tried to walk back your threat on them (I forget the specific e-badass term you used). :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

‘bout time some millennials get a lesson in life....

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of you guys would have loved to listen in on the wife's conference call last night with her OSU doc. boss and docs from their "sister university" In Wuhan. I was sworn to secrecy, plus I don't give a shit and didn't listen in...

In other Apocalypse news, she was locked in at the hospital earlier today due to an armed disgruntled employee (situation handled at this point is all I know) and there was a carjacking on campus. On the plus side, I was able to buy a bunch of meat today at Kroger... still no TP to be found though. My back is killing me... working from home at a high top bar table with a shitty low back barstool. I have a better setup in the other room but awaiting a wifi dongle so I can move. It's super nice out so I'm gonna make a drink and go play with the dogs to wrap up the work day.

JBall likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They just acknowledged here that the numbers are probably largely underreported in France because they only count people who die in hospitals. They are dropping like flies in retirement homes, and those numbers don't go into the official COVID total. For instance, there are three retirement homes that each have between 15 and 21 dead in the past few days. Caregivers are losing it (emotionally).

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Like your style.

Well all this bad shit is going on but I found a bunch of meat. Lol

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I never walked it back. I just expanded upon it :D

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Well played to explain the "duh" moment.

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Saw reports about officials in Spain finding dead and dying elderly abandoned in some of the care homes there. Reading the article made me think back to some of the stories that came out of Louisiana after Katrina. I am wondering if, after the dust clears, we won't be hearing stories of staffers carrying out euthanasia in some of these places.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Tito Rabat's grandmother passed away from Covid19. :(

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I try and roll with it.

Truly feel for those who are actually sick, I just accept that there's not much I can do about it and try to make the best of the situation. Gonna smoke a bunch of meat and take care packages to my in-laws in Zanesville this weekend. My MIL is very much in the high risk category... I think I might like her more than the wife does...

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

merde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.