Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA noon today: 7,239 tested, 6,595 negative, 644 positive. Positive result rate of 8.8% unchanged. Of 644 positive, 394 in Philly and surrounding counties, 69 in Pittsburgh and surrounding counties, totaling 463 or 72% of statewide total. Of 165 increase to 644 positive, 118 or 72% Philly and surrounding, 14 or 8% Pittsburgh and surrounding, combined 132 or 80% of statewide increase.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Soooo.... With everybody staying home, wouldn't now be an excellent time to do some shovel-ready infrastructure improvements? Put some people to work on repaving roads, fixing bridges and stuff.

Why aren't they talking about that instead of industry bailouts?

Monsterdood likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The dashboard has gotten more detailed for the US. It breaks numbers down to the county / city level.

4. Im not deflecting anything.

You quoted me incorrectly. You said I stated something, which I did not.

It really is that simple.

I’ve been all over West Africa, and been in Ghana for 5 years now. I know what the healthcare system is like. In Accra it is “pretty good”, but I’d take any damn near hospital in the US over it.

I know the healthcare system is Ghana is not better than the US. So I have no reason to state otherwise.

You made an assumption and tried to read something into my statements that wasn’t there. Then you twisted that wrong assumption into a statement of fact, that I never made.

You were wrong. Own it and move on.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Lemme guess, NYC, LA and Philly are skewing the numbers for their respective States.

6. Just guesses, but I’d say because of the airports which are major hubs, the train/subway systems, crowded sidewalks, etc.

If there was any place in the US highly susceptible to a virus spread from being in close proximity to other people, NY is it.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Which one? I've seen eleventy something different versions...

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Correct, major metropolitan areas are not statistically symmetrical with other less populous areas. If one would have a question as to whether those less populous areas should be subject to some same, some similar restrictions, ask yourself if you would like to see an attempted forced quarantine/major exodus from those cities. To your county.

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

We ain’r skerd a no yankees

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, I'm not either, but I would be concerned for LEO's, and the more rural hospitals that would be overrun.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Corn vs. Oil :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

ETHANOL !!!

14. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Did you know they speak English there? Last month I had an argument with a transcript evaluator for an engineer from Ghana’s degree. They didn’t want to count it, because it didn’t state the coursework was in English. Had to give a long stare as I asked them to guess why the transcript was in English...

15. Data from China? That’s laughable at this point. Statistically impossible based on what I’ve looked at.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Good point. I'm not ready to start shooting, yet. :eek:
    :D

17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Florida:

13 deaths

1,007 positive

11,270 tested

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That's alright her mini me Mylie Cyrus says she found religion in this. Like that skank would not burst into flame if she went into a church.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

once a city goes into lockdown there will be people "leaving" nonetheless. example; waitress out of job in a $3k apartment in NYC. under such circumstances . people will resort back to where they're from (parents/family) - resulting in further potential spread (remember, 2 weeks, still not showing symptoms) out of higher infected areas into the country.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

A handful of new cases were just reported from UoT, a group of students that just returned from Spring Break. I suspect they won't be the last we hear on returning students.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.