Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would think that in most cases, when the tenant has been problem-free before this bill, it will be in the landlord's best interest to work out a payment plan with them. Kicking them out is not going to get them that lump sum anyway. You put in a new tenant and used to have to collect money you missed from the old tenant. Not to mention the market is probably going to soften some if the economy crashes badly, so it's not like there will be an unlimited supply of solid tenants anyway.

Disclaimer: I have zero experience being a landlord. Just trying to use common sense.

L8RSK8R, R Acree and Gorilla George like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm going to get the shit mydamnself so I can get out of the house.

Not one fucking restaurant around here offered a side of sanity.

Oh look, bloody mary mix...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Naw, dawg. You go ahead, but I think we will keep our clothes on while listening to you.

4. It’s not related to coronavirus, I’m just jetlagged to fuck and can’t be assed to go get food. :crackup:

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lowering rents isn't out of question, and has already been discussed.

HPPT likes this.
  6. Umm, are you still going on about shit trying to somehow justify your misquoting of me?

How much time did you spend, and how many pages did you have to backtrack trying to find that shit, to somehow prove your point? :crackup:

7. Ive still been getting out of the house.

I took the “self-isolation” to mean stay away from people as much as possible. But I still have dogs, cows, and an Alpaca in the neighborhood that I have to visit. :D

This isolation bullshit is no different from me, except that I have to workout upstairs instead of the big gym. Ive always avoided people/public anyway.

bacolmm and cav115 like this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Well stop that immediately.

HPPT likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I really don't know. But, one also has to put the shoe on the other foot. If the landlord cannot recoup that money.....is it the landlord's duty to give her a place to stay, and carry all of the cost? By giving her this reprieve, it doesn't mean that the landlord has to pay for it. If this goes 2 months, that's probably $3000-4000 that the landlord is going to give to just ONE apartment dweller. I can't imagine that the govt is going to step in and pay everybody's rent.

This girl went on food stamps this week. I said, damn, don't you have one week's reserve in cash? Nope.

cav115 likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What...no treadmill races this week?

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Already silently competed...and won.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Eggackly, New Mexico has 57 cases and zero deaths but has shutdown.

Jay305 likes this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm just going to put it out there that you're going to have a real hard time getting to housing court within the next month....

And yes the judgement will award owed rents that you can chase.. Just make damn sure you're registered to left and your epa lead cert is current or you're fucked. At least that's the case in Baltimore.

As far as footing the bill, I know for rental properties as far as residential those are commercial mortgages.. I know there is a residential mortgage deferment happening right now with some insurances. Does this scenario not apply to commercial?

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

All the rural parts of NY are being fucked by NYC. All the paranoia down there has shut the whole state down, we don't even have a confirmed case in my county yet, same with several others.

bacolmm likes this.
  15. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Watch your name calling homeboy. No bitches over here.

16. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, this is just the start. That's gonna go on for weeks. :crackup:

Gorilla George and Quicktoy like this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Every prudent person knows that it is important to have a reserve emergency fund...3 to 6 months is the amount. Those of us that spend very nickel as soon as we have it and live paycheck to paycheck have little sympathy from me. I'm willing to give some lee way to those on the very bottom of the income rung, especially those with kids....but if you've got a new car , sorry, sell your wheels. Sux to be you but you CHOSE to live that way, not me.

I drove a 8 year old pinto, currently drive a 25 year old truck. Now that I'm retired I do have some nice stuff but it certainly wasn't always that way. For the first 20 years of married life (with kids) I scrimped and saved to get ahead. I never went hungry but, then again, I always had an emergency fund too.

L8RSK8R, GarrettRick and malamute like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

How did I miss quote you? According to you Ghana has more testing capacity and everyone is getting testing when compared to the USA.
    So show me where I miss quoted you.

While your at it, please provide me the beeb guidelines that outline backtracking protocol. Like I’m the first. GTFO. :moon:

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who's name calling? Other than you calling me homeboy. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.