1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Perhaps. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I assume everyone has basic intelligence and at least a 8th grade education until they prove to me they don't.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If it's true, that's great news. Stopping the exponential spread is still going to need a prophylactic measure though. Only a vaccine can stop the pandemic permanently. Or we slow it enough that everyone gets it eventually without simultaneously destroying the healthcare system.

3. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Ha, from various posts I knew you were in OC/South OC but DP is close. I'm in Aliso Viejo. I really want to take the family out to Ocotillo to do a little riding. Wonder if that's OK with the new order?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Almost as many people as die on US highways in 2 days have died from the beerSARS.

So, yeah... Completely fucked. :rolleyes:

Bugslayer and 418 like this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

In your life experience, have you every been or acted like a little bitch? You seemingly love to call that name. You yourself often throw tantrums and act like a little bitch but I digress.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pursefighting in a cornfield.

I'd sell tickets, but, you know, social distancing and shit...

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's a cornfield they can stand quite aways apart.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Everybody stop driving cars!!!

Personally I'm looking forward to the economic fallout and subsequent backpedaling by the politicians and healthcare officials when the shit actually hits the fan. All for a virus that has so far affected .0004% of the worlds population.

And I'm glad some of you can afford to sit infinetly at home and still get your bills paid but most of us are gonna have to get back to work sooner than later.

tl1098 and Ducti89 like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wish you the best, my mother has been dealing with MS for 20 years.

On a related note with all this going on we've had some shit happen. My youngest daughter who's 26 has epilepsy. We moved her to Cleveland in Jan. for a job. We don't necessarily hear from her more than once a week unless my wife calls or texts her. Wife texted her Tuesday night to tell her she was getting a tax refund, no reply, called her and texted different times on Wed. no reply. She tried again yesterday, same, wife checks with her sister because they're usually at least texting every few days, she hasn't heard from her either. Sister can't get a reply either so my wife calls the apartment complex manager, asks her to go knock on the door. No response so she calls the cops and lets them in. They found her conscious but unresponsive, took her out on a gurney.

She had 4 seizures in the ER, they got her into the neurology dept., she's on a IV for fluids and they're giving her a anti seizure med thru that. She's hooked up to a machine ( EG ? ) to monitor for more seizures, so far no more. She couldn't speak at all when they first got her in, now she's able to mumble a little. When she has one it knocks the shit out of her and she'll sleep 4 - 6 hrs. so we're hoping her body is just beat down and she'll get better with sleep etc.

Last time my wife and other daughter talked to her was Sat. night so we don't know how long she laid there, could have started on Sunday. Good thing the mothering instinct was there, otherwise who knows...
    So we're 8 hours away, waiting and wondering. Waiting for the next call and WTF after that.

scottn likes this.
  10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Wish you the best, hopefully she's ok

David-imoddavid and R Acree like this.
  11. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Bad choice of words. If the healthcare system gets overwhelmed due to a huge influx, we could be fucked. My point still stands.

Put another way, we could all go into turn 1 5-wide and make it out OK, done it many times. But in the case it doesn't and half the riders get sucked in and get fucked up, and there are only 3 ambulances, well that would suck. That's a gamble all of us would take. I'm not sure I would apply the same logic to the wider world's population.

I hope I'm proven wrong and that in 4 months, we're all eating out of dumpsters and only 60,000 people die and you guys can say "Are you happy?". Can't prove a negative.

12. speedluvn

I can only imagine how long this ordered quarantine can last. It also make you thankful for some things in life.

418 likes this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

From an LE perspective; im blessed and cursed at the same time.

However, i need businesses open so i can get paid and in turn, i need to do my job. Releasing offenders if captured on the street is not wise and only emboldens criminals and affects good people.

This has the recipe for disaster.

14. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yep, you're SOL except for maybe Amazon but that could add up quick.

15. speedluvn

Civil disorder and lawlessness is a now a concern. People who don’t have much and don’t have much hope will become
    defiant.

16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Since you were talking to me in that discussion - I do understand those terms and concepts and I appreciated you elaborating your thoughts. I'm not a doctor, but I do just fine on critical thinking :)

Hotfoot likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But they are not free.

18. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm as hopeful as everyone else with these potential solutions, but there's still a fair bit of science to do before you can be too confident. There's a whole bunch of significantly larger and better controlled clinical trials going on right now to hopefully prove that they work...

19. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Best wishes Banditracer. Hoping for a full recovery.

baconologist likes this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Neither were the ones at the library. You just didn't pay for them directly.

418 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.