1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you're referencing my statement or the picture I was referring to. I'm definitely not an alarmist, but think it's worth pointing out a flawed methodology.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

just making a smartass comment

mpusch likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I should have taken a picture of it. As I was heading home and driving by a local restaurant that also has carry out, a long line of @40-50 people or so all standing in line waiting to pick up.
    So much for locking down restaurants in order to create social separation.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

CA is now on “lockdown.” Not to be outdone, Ohio’s governor is sure to follow suit.

I’m not panicking, but this shit is annoying me... spending my evening consolidating resources at the girlfriend’s house, and preparing to have 5 kids “locked down” with us fir a month.

This in the midst of rather significant medical diagnosis on my part. I am awaiting approval for infusion treatment for MS, starting in the next 2 weeks. I’m totally confident about recovering from and living with MS - but it’s not an ideal time to be at hospitals 5 of the last 7 days.

Be prepared. Stay safe. At least i know everyone on this board owns s generator :P

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If your local library is still open, get a card while you can. They loan videos, ebooks and some have games. Mine closed before I thought of it.

6. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Whole lot of obvious non-science and math folks up in here. This virus is legit. It's going to reverberate for many, many months. Especially when it takes hold in places like India. Africa is reporting almost no cases but remember, there is massive Chinese investment and presence there. If we are this fucked over here, considering some of the healthcare infrastructure there, they are DVDA.

That being said, and maybe this is Dungeon-y, but what is the cost of a human life? Taking the higher number of 4M dead in the US, you can calculate expected lifetime earnings, their economic multiplier and the ultimate GDP impact. I'm not an actuary but this would be a fun exercise. That's how I would run my hospital.

SGVRider likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Domestics and domestic assaults are up. I get to deal with it all effin weekend.

8. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

How fucked are we over here? Health wise?

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Even though my library has closed it's doors, you can still request books online and pick them up at the library. You call when you arrive and they bring them out and put them in the car for you, no hand off, no contact.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Massively. 10k cases.

Bugslayer likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Now this is some good news finally.....they need to stop dragging their feet and get this shit out there and into patients like yesterday.

100% of the patients test negative for COVID-19 after 6 days.

https://www.mediterranee-infection....2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

The only crappy thing about this......the Chinese have been doing this for over a month already.

bacolmm likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

It’s the south.
    There’s either an “excuse me” while passing in the aisle

or

catching a bullet

418 likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I believe that crime and domestic violence will cause more death and injuries than the virus would have.

Ducti89 and baconologist like this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah it's hilarious. Don't waste your breath/finger taps trying to convince people who already know everything. My sister was bitching because she works in physical therapy and they mandated that she and the other employees get their temperatures checked daily. I just told her I had to go, lol.

Beac up there is talking about exponential growth and R0. LMAO. Talk about wasting your breath. Most Americans can't even do 7th grade algebra, they don't even know what an exponent is. They're even proud of it.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I could have borrowed e-books...if I had gotten a card before they closed.

Slider82 likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

18. In Your Corner

There are craploads available on Amazon.

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Correct. Lawlessness in Philadelphia alone has had a greater impact on society with their PD identifying non-violent offenders and letting them back into public only to put a warrant out for them later for capture.

That crap is spilling into us.

baconologist likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the most condescending posts I have ever read. Therefore, I love it!! :D

TX Joose and 418 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.