The official 2020 pandemic what ya eatin thread

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Campbell’s chicken soup

Bought all that was in stock in the Taylors area

Funkm05, cav115, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Got me a nice supply of beef, chicken and pork this week. Already did 10# of sirloin and bacon in the grinder for gourmet burgers. Got 2 pork butts that will become sausage, 40# case of chicken wings because I fucking LOVE chicken wings, and a case of boneless/skinless breast for the occasional chicken parm, gourmet chicken tenders, saltimboca and grilled chicken sammiches. I’m hitting the Italian imports shop tomorrow for semolina, olives, and San Marzanos so I can make pasta and sauce all weekend.
    We gon’ be a’ight.

galloway840 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Lima beans & diced ham steak in the Instant Pot this afternoon. Tried to make cornbread, my first attempt ever. Not so good. I'll try again.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Just picked up two corned beef points for $2.28/lb

That there’s good eatin!

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've stocked up on the following items enough to last me ~1.5-2 months

tuna
    brown rice
    egg whites
    frozen veggies
    protein powder
    protein bars
    Zevia
    Guru energy drink
    Beef jerky
    mixed nuts

I randomly picked up a bag of this stuff just sitting on the shelf, holy crap are they tasty/addicting. I know it looks and sounds weird, but if you see them, try them out.
    https://www.amazon.com/Snak-Yard-Sh...K87HXRG3440&psc=1&refRID=74T0KD9W4K87HXRG3440

6. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

I just threw two large slabs of corned beef that was on sale in a crock-pot with some beer and spices. Later I will add some veggies.

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Eating like I normally do, whatever I feel like. Stores are open and stocked so...

They close, I got enough lake caught bass, crappie, and pounds of bambi to stay me for a while.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Shredded some taters, chopped some corned beef, scrambled some eggs...that and my vat of coffee makes me a happy camper

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Wife and kid baked around 60 chocolate chip cookies this morning.

made myself an Apple/Orange/carrot/ginger smoothie

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is that gin or ginger?

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That sounds good. Recipe?

12. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Lol, Many years ago, grow up on that shit during "prosperous" Communism times. I can taste it as it was yesterday. I hope I will not have to introduce it back into my diet ever again!

13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I got the one hitter going like a Roman Candle ... I’ll be hungry in a bit :rock::D

Bloodhound, JBall, scottn and 3 others like this.
  14. speedluvn

Translate, please.

15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

NO ...:D

16. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

chicken, rice, oatmeal, protein powder, sweet potato ...my diet is remaining the same. my competition was cancelled, so the prep continues for another one. the training is now the issue. oh well...do what i can.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It means he's cooking every frozen thing in his freezer and giggling while doing it.

SuddenBraking and scottn like this.
  18. speedluvn

upload_2020-3-19_11-52-2.jpeg

I know wrong thread but it’s so fitting
    :beer:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  19. speedluvn

Damn! That could be so horribly wrong or . . . never mind.

Metalhead likes this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Cooking up a new batch of maple syrup. That should keep me busy for a while. Had a partridge walk across the front yard this morning as I was looking out the window. Just laughed and though "that's pretty brave" turkeys are starting to gobble out there too now..... Have a freezer full of beef and venny. Will be firing up the smoker at some point, not sure what will go it in yet though. Going to start seeds this weekend with the kiddos, so while we wont be eating any fresh veggies yet, we'll at least have some this summer.