Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh I agree. I’m just not denying that this is a crisis. I’m keeping my shop open. People just need to stay the f home if they aren’t at work or buying necessary supplies is all I’m saying.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep and as their families should do every single winter they need to do what they should to keep them safe.

cav115 likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

disagree
    People need to live normally. And get out in the fresh air and sunshine damnit

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

cav115 likes this.
  5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Data is never going to be 100% complete and accurate. So at what point is it enough to start making decisions?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

At a threshold much higher than the 1% of reliable data we currently have.

If you want to sequester yourself in your home and huff Lysol fumes all day, be my guest. Summarily destroying the economic system and forcing complete reliance on government cheese on far too high a percentage of the populace is too high a price to pay sociologically than even a 1% actual complication and fatality rate would justify.

cav115, 418 and OGs750 like this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Then you have a higher chance of spreading the disease. You can disagree but I’d rather be part of the solution than the problem.

Gorilla George, pscook and tony 340 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Math is worthless when 2+2=5

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That isn't all that normal anymore...x-box and binge TV.

baconologist likes this.
  11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The economy will recover. The dead, not so much.

Our spread rate seems to be greater than Europe's at this point.
    If you end up in the ICU with this, your chance of living is 50% right now, in Europe, and in the US. Once the ICU beds are all taken, (likely next week) your survival chances go down.

pscook, 23103a and 5axis like this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Which works right up to the point those old and/or unhealthy people need to go to the grocery store, drug store, doctor, hospital, get the mail, have food delivered, have the A/C or heat repaired, fix a major plumbing leak in their home, etc.

baconologist likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure that question had been asked earlier and they were told they didn't have the specific number on them but would get it later. It's a changing number anyway as they've ramped up production of them.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was hanging out at my friends house when their college son invited some of his buddies over, I think five or six of them. I kind of excused myself and went home. I don’t trust any of those millennial asymptomatic typhoid Marys. :D

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

China's expelling a bunch US journalists from major news outlets. I can't imagine there's any possibility that they have something to hide in all this.
    No one ever said most people who have it will need hospitalization. What's that have to do with it?

This is the problem
    https://riverheadlocal.com/2020/03/...ht-cuomo-warns-there-are-not-enough-icu-beds/

16. pickled egg

How many will die from the fallout of the economic collapse?

418 and baconologist like this.
  17. pickled egg

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Papa telling people to ff themselves has never gotten anything around here shut down :crackup:

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The market is in another free fall. Fack.

jrsamples likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You sure you want to go there? I get you miss arguing about how horrid the man is but this ain't the place...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.