1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probably another herpes flare up :)

R1M370 likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, she's tall and looks the way a race horse does. Muscle, sinew and rage. She's damn near sporting a gawd damn 6 pack! We took to calling her baba yaga because the other lacrosse girls are afraid of her and the name stuck with her coaches.

3. That’s my understanding as well. Obviously they are bypassing all the red tape and other bs but I cannot seem to find a straight answer as to how long it will take before they a- ok it’s going good so far so start making it b- have enough testing to release it to the public. I have to assume the govt will force the issue to start producing before testing is all complete. Seems like a financial risk worth taking. Also hope there is more than one solution either in testing or close to it. I highly doubt people are going to hang their hat on one solution to this. Who knows at this point. At least it’s nice and sunny out, was just playing ball in the yard with my son enjoying some extra time together. Maybe watch some motivational speaking YouTube videos later and learn how to spread the positive word :)

bacolmm likes this.
  4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Work is having our field techs that have any symptoms take time off to be tested. They don't want us spreading it if we are infected and I agree with their policy. Not trying to be the asshole that gets someone sick that has a compromised immune system, I've got some sort of respiratory infection so just taking precautions.

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I've got a cream for that :crackup:

6. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

My understanding is that a vaccine will not be available in time to be a player for this go around...

7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do they know that Bad Ass Garf don't comply with no bullshit? :D
    Why wait, though? Free up some resources now. Clean air is dwindling. :D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Because a vaccine is no good if it kills you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...s-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

"Early efforts to develop a SARS vaccine in animal trials were plagued by a phenomenon known as 'vaccine-induced enhancement,' in which recipients exhibit worse symptoms after being injected — something Fauci said researchers must be mindful of as they work to quickly develop a vaccine to protect against COVID-19."

When the test animals were exposed to the virus after receiving the test vaccine it killed them all because rather than creating an immunity, it made them more susceptible to it.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What Would Jackie Gleason Do?

That's a fairly easy question to answer......he'd bbq the virus' ass in molasses

[​IMG]

tiggen, jrsamples and Slider82 like this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wife is a Respiratory ICU nurse, met her when I worked in a hospital lab. Figure I'll volunteer if the shit really hits the fan as I don't ever seem to catch anything.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He clearly believes they were handed a perfect world by the greatest generation and that they ruined it. In their minds everything bad that exists links right back to boomers. OK Boomer is not a compliment :D

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Bombshell: Rolling Stones postpone NA tour.

Mindewe, they're not all Indestructible Keefs.....

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Lucky you. She calls me the bubble boy because I seem to catch everything she brings home. Although WAY less that I used to since quitting smoking 7 years ago (8 this oct). I still fully expect to catch this, and my biggest concern is taking her out of work where she'll be needed. Although she works at a children's hospital, and this doesn't seem to be as bad with kids. Having had H1N1 twice (yep, twice) I'm not looking forward to it, but am more worried about passing it on to others like her, and our parents who might not be able to fight it off as easily (boomers).

Best of luck to you and your Wife. Gonna be a busy and stressful time for Her.

On a funny note as she was leaving for work last night she said "you know we can't have sex until this whole thing shakes out right?" I replied with "you know we're on day 3 of corona lockdown and we haven't had sex in like 47 day days right?" She replied with "it hasn't been that long, but now it's gonna be".

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

A doc on the radio said to get the flu vac asap so if you get symptoms it will help limit confusion and expedite getting treated for covid19.

16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Corona free,,,maybe lol. I got a 10 day script of amoxicillin for whatever it is I have. Screenshot_20200317-164632.png

beac83 and shakazulu12 like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You're in luck, this just in from the WHO: "butt stuff OK"

Sabre699, R1M370, jrsamples and 2 others like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol. Made me think of a recently passed British friend/coworker of mine who used to say. "I don't know why you kids have such a fascination with playing in the sewers next to the amusement park. Perfectly good ride sitting there and you want to jump around in muddy puddles" lol.

Boman Forklift, L8RSK8R and Phl218 like this.
  20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Everything I've read says that this virus can attach and attack via mucous membranes. The rectum is a mucous membrane.
    It might not get into your lungs from there, but it can get into the bloodstream from there.
    Reports I've read indicate that infection from the backside causes spectacular gastrointestinal distress.
    Taco shits are bad enough. I don't need corona shits. Nope. No thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.