1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

my kid is dealing with this now as a HS senior in her final season. She’s really upset but we are holding out hope they add games and extend the season towards graduation. Her summer is already cut short as she has to report to her college team in July. It’s definitely worse for the college seniors but I think the ncaa will grant waivers for eligibility back

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

motion likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, what month did China really jump on this? They're already talking about restarting the machine.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think they started admitting it was a thing in Dec. but they tried to hide it for 6 weeks before that. Arrested the first few doctors that started warning about it and kept them jailed to shut them up. One of the first to speak up died from it.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I referee HS sport, (VB but that season finished in the fall). A lot of kids play multiple sports but often excel at only one, I feel for the ones I've known since they were 5th and 6th graders who now might not get to play their final season as a senior in their better sport.

Pixelator likes this.
  6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The 200's been postponed to October :(

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, my high school track meet, scheduled for tomorrow, is a no go. Most of you know that I am a high school coach. I'm going to have a lot of disappointed kids who have been busting their butts to get better. Hopefully our superintendent will green light some small local meets so that we can compete.

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah and I have my suspicions about why a 31 yo doc died from this early on when their hospitals weren't overwhelmed yet.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ugh, just got a call. I was supposed to judge a cadet competition tomorrow (military courtesy, drill, robotics, etc.) and they just shut us down. It was well less than 250 people and no close contact. What a load of crap.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sumbich wouldn't leggo his eggo.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The good news is all the people I buy from online are sending messages telling me how much they care and how they are doing to make sure they don't spread the virus to me over the internet.

Rebel635, tiggen and Senna like this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It has been hilarious.

Airlines first, then the rental care companies and hotels.

Now I am getting shit from Macy's, Freaky's Head Shop, Freddy's Hamburgers, and even the damn park service telling me they will be dispensing sanitizer and masks to the elk (that last part was a joke. :D )

Tj Hunter likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit is about to go really sideways here.

What sport was she in? She playing in college?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So far my list includes:
    Kroger
    Chick-fil-a
    The freaking gas company who I pay electronically and delivers product by way of a pipeline
    Best Buy
    Sams (I'm not a mamber)

Tj Hunter likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just read the NCAA is giving the spring student athletes affected 1 additional year of eligibility.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For another year worth of tuition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.