1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D:moon:

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So, a dip on the toe is a ticket to heaven? Salvation lies in strange places.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s very difficult to acquire from a female during intercourse. Not impossible but highly unlikely.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't recall anyone calling it a Asian disease. There were articles out there that suggested a genetic trait that could make Asians more susceptible. That does not make it an Asian disease any more than the vulnerability of age makes it an old folks disease.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I believe you. But it's happening nevertheless.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People are stupid. People like labels....Stupid is a label.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Says the old guy in denial......

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I wish I could care but it simply isn't happening.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Is there a special version of both Corona and HIV reserved for gay Asian males?

MachineR1, Steeltoe and Phl218 like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's gaysianist.

brex likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Actually, yes - there's a small subset of the population that, biochemically, cannot become infected with the HIV virus.

This is due to the fact that the T helper cells in the immune person lack the requisite co-receptor that the virus uses to bind at the CD4 protein and gain entry into a cell.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well yeah, I've read about those folks as well, people with a mutation of the CCR5 gene....but I think that's kind of outside the scope here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_resistance_to_HIV

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

MachineR1 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um OK

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was just reading an article talking about super-spreaders. Its actually rather interesting framing it that way. I can see a good portion (those in good general health and immune function) of people end up being just that. These will be people who contract the virus and will potentially be spreading the virus but never actually get sick themselves. Completely asymptomatic throughout the whole process until they are "recovered" from it. The article talked about a 20 year old girl in Wuhan, she contracted it, got 5 members of her family sick, but she herself never exhibited any symptoms.

16. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

OK, now I'm starting to pay attention to this Corona crap... On a flight back to LA from N.C for a week tomorrow. My biggest concern is that somehow this shit cancels this years Isle on Man TT that I've spent a year planning for. They just cancelled a Rugby match in in the UK, Ireland vs Italy. And if you listen to the news over there they are panicking like a bunch of pussies. I know that in 2001 they cancelled it for foot & mouth disease, and this sounds way worse.......Facccckkkk.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Here you go

8C99343F-3E5C-4BE5-A053-F41A9D9977CA.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

19. Exactly.

Shit like that is common with kids who aren't "allowed" to go to public day care, and are essentially sheltered from 0-5/6 years old. They aren't exposed to shit, so their immune system has nothing to fight, and doesn't develop as it should. Then they go to public school, and miss half the damn school year because they are bed ridden by shit that other kids just blow off.

There is a reason why ive been traveling the world my whole adult life, including some very sketchy places, and aside from Legionella I have only been sick like 1-2x in the past 10 years. I think I have only ran a fever twice since college.

Staying away from stuff is ok, but eventually you WILL be exposed to something...and might not be strong enough to fight it off.

20. This virus killed 8 people in a one Iranian hospital just last night, including a 23yr old pro female soccer player. And Italy is getting bombarded with this shit, the death toll went from 10 to 30 practically overnight.

But by all means, the biggest concern should definitely be the cancelling of a motorcycle race.