1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Freak out level up to 5/10. My youngest is flying home today for a funersl , Tampa to Jersey. She says she is I bit worried about the plane and airport and the possibility of the virus. I told her simply that like other flu's and colds etc...most of time it's the old and the very young who fall to these types of illness's. You are young and healthy with a robust immune system (from allowing her to play in the dirt and be exposed to the common pathogens as referenced by GG)and you will be fine. Wash your hands and don't touch your face. I asked her to take note of what she observes in the airport.

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well, fucking around without rubber will get you hiv sooner or later. Same as sharing needles.
    Now, if a certain group of the population decides to do so and even keeps doing it despite knowing the risks...

Virus and spread:
    While I get the super spreader theory, yo also have to consider population density and especially habits around on another. Having been to china, spent time with colleagues , eaten and drank with them, I can see why it has been spreading rapidly.
    Not going into details, but “western everyday behavior “ is different and involves more personal distance and hygiene (no spitting, uncovered coughing, more washing hands and overall cleanliness)

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

good news... EWR is a virus in the cesspool that is Jersey...lol. Departing is worse than arrivals, so theres that.
    Not a germphobe but man people seriously dont have a clue on primary cleanliness. Setting carry-ons on filthy floors, touch screen check ins where you dont know how much trace mucus, feces, & urine is on, and then the stanchions used for crowd control... not to mention the TSA scanner belts/bins or the post inspection area where some people are barefoot. :D You know the saying... you gotta be tough to stay in Jersey. D

4. That is a very good point.

The first places I worked overseas were Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. It took me a while to learn that they don't understand the concept of "my bubble".

It is the same all over Africa also. You'd be amazed at how many people can fit in one vehicle.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Have you seen some of the things people post online? I wouldn’t mind if this shit canceled most of the human race.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What? Cat memes and pictures of their food from Olive Garden?

Meh.

I wish the same as you, but only for their tendencies to block aisles at grocery stores, oblivious to the world beyond that $1.39 box of Minute Rice that’s ¢12 more than the store brand and is it really worth it...

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I was gonna say selfies; here’s a picture of the Grand Canyon, with my face in the middle ... but yeah, I’m with you on the grocery store isle matter.

8. That's great advice, and about the best thing you could have said.

Maybe tell her to get one of those little bottles of hand sanitizer to keep with her. That is what I do.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And Turkey opened the border into Europe

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Yep, I was watching a doc show about President Roosevelt and his Polio. They said it was referred to as a rich person’s disease as rich or the more well to do people sheltered their kids more when growing up and as a result they didn’t develop antibodies like the poorer children did by being exposed to stuff etc.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So where's the bottom on the DOW? This is a guaranteed money maker.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You assume the roaches are the ones that die first....

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All those that advocate population reduction always exclude themselves from the cull list.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Patently false. It's why we have lots of black, scary guns.

Steeltoe and R Acree like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll concede that point.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's interesting you should say that....I came across some of this guy's footage here on Youtube. I'm not sure what to think of it, for sure this is unsettling and disturbing footage and if you are easily upset I would NOT watch this.

But the question is, is this straight talk cutting out the PC bull, or is it well edited footage?

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. My thoughts exactly.

Somebody is going to jump in now, sit on it, and make a ton of cash once this bounces back.

I'm hoping its me. :D

Phl218 and jrsamples like this.
  19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Probably not for a while.

China shut down their entire economy to quarantine everyone for nearly 2 months to slow the spread, I'm willing to bet no one else is gonna do that and it'll linger way longer as a result. Then everyone's gonna miss their earnings estimates, and the shitshow will continue.

The fundamentals of this market have been fucked for a few years now, too, so there's that.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um, well yeah. It’s kind of the entire point. :Poke::D